Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"For The Love Of Money"

Chad Thorne

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know of one specifically for the bass but the Boss one is OK and I really love the Small Stone from EHX. You do get low frequency suckage, but that sort of goes with the territory of the effect.

The groove is in the spaces.

Side note: the O'Jays asked Anthony Jackson to write a riff to intro the song. He was only a session player hired for the gig, but the opening bass line became so iconic, they added him to the writing credits later.

(Well, to the degree that Anthony Jackson is "only" a session player... :rolleyes:)

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Edited by ZZ Thorn (12-04-2007 11:07 AM)

Edit Reason: What, I gotta tell you why I edited it? I'd like to see you make me. I edited it cuz it needed some editin'. If I didn't want to edit it, I wouldn't have, but I did, so I did it 90% of "Money" is feel and the other half is muting. I wonder if this'll all

Beautiful, LMAO!

PS - it didn't all fit.

- Matt W.

Whoo! I scored a Small Stone this afternoon and just tried it out. Close enough for me! And as AJ is a bass player I really respect, it pleases me that's he's the guy playing that riff on FTLOM. What a difference from his playing with Michel Camillo!

Then she said, "Let me get this straight - you bought this for one song?"

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Smileys/muttley.gif

When I originally bought my Fender Jazz V, I only used it for one song, the four-stringer covered the rest :)

The bass POD pro has a setting that duplicates Anthony's tone on that recording exactly.

It's a Fender P-Bass played with a pick through a "silverface" Fender Bassman with an MXR Phase 90 and some reverb.

I'd swear I read an AJ interview where he said it was a Maestro Phase Shifter (not an MXR Phase 90).

Archived