Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The top of our tree

Ross Brown

This will be at the top of our Christmas tree this year..... again....

It is an Angel.

:laugh:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jwisot01/Christmastree002.jpg

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 year old made it. She is 11 now.

It is better than I could have done. My talents lie elswhere... I am not allowed near the art supplies..

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Reminds me of the story of the Easter Fairy who found the old Xmas tree lying round the back.

She phoned up Santa, wakening him up at Easter and asked him where he would like the old Xmas tree put.(!)

That's why there's a Fairy at the top of the tree!!! :)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I love it - kindof a Mr. Bill thing happenin' there.

"Hey Mr. Bill! How would you like to sit on top of the Christmas tree?"

"Ohhh, I think this is gonna hurt . . . NOOOoooooooo"

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

We are very fond of tradition. We have a white ceramic angel with a clear plastic piece surrounding it that holds white lights, and there is a light that goes up into the bottom to light it from the inside. My wife and I bought it on sale the year before we got married (almost 30 years back). There is a plastic mount that is a tube to fit over the top of the trunk, and it in turn fits into the bottom of the plastic "surround".

The mount split years ago, and I was using white twister-ties to hold it on. "Let's get a new one" I said. No way. My son (who loves to fabricate) found a piece of copper pipe that was rounded closed on one end. We cut a slot in that and glued the top of the mount part into it. Then we used some black engine paint that he had (boy was that stuff thick) to paint the copper pipe (dipped it, actually). Now it's sturdy again.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

God you guys got them up already?! We don't shuv ours up until 2 weeks before and take them down about 2 weeks after. Anyway, Christmas annoys me. Its to materialistic now a days. All kids care about is the presents...or the packaging, it is quite interesting sometimes, and to many people get in to debt because of Christmas.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

My parents were European immigrants (Sweden). When I was a kid we put the tree up on Christmas Eve and had it down January 6th. I would be fine still doing it that way. Putting the tree up the first weekend in December came from my wife's side.

You're absolutely right about the debt. This year we're nearly done shopping for our kids and so far everything is already paid for. What I want for Christmas this year is a debt and stress free January.

Push the button Frank.

What I want for Christmas this year is a debt and stress free January.

How about instead of ornaments, we decorate our Christmas tree with cut up credit cards. As you might know, I'm a Dave Ramsey fan.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

My parents were European immigrants (Sweden).

My girlfriend Heidi is Swedish and I have to say, the accoutrements are rather bizarre compared to the standard American decorations. Must have been an interesting childhood Ken.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

My parents were European immigrants (Sweden).

My girlfriend Heidi is Swedish and I have to say, the accoutrements are rather bizarre compared to the standard American decorations. Must have been an interesting childhood Ken.

You have no idea...

I have a cousin Heidi, but she lives in Maine. Speaking of Swedish Christmas, ask your Heidi if she's ever tried lutefisk, or if she was ever the Lucia.

Push the button Frank.

I was in Sweden this weekend and I didn't see any christmas trees up yet but I did see decorations! I suppose if I'm going to boast I was in Finland as well within the artic circle. I had a trip in a sleigh pulled by reindeer and I piloted my own team of husky dogs pulling a sleigh. This scared me half to death. Those dogs sure are willing.

Oh yeah ... I did take my daughter and we visited the real Santa Claus complete with Finish Elves.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Archived