Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

After one month with Cubase 4.1...

zephonic

...I am not happy. It is generally less stable than 4.0 (which -in all fairness- was solid as a rock), the mouse pointer is jittery, the "follow song" mode is toggled off evertime you click to deselect in the arrange window, it has corrupted some of my 4.0 projects (which I had to export and re-import as OMF's) and it is noticeably slower.

In fact, screen redraws (image under construction) take way longer (up to 10-15 seconds), hard drive streaming is poor (the performance meter indicates spikes everytime I hit play) and sometimes you have to wait for a couple of seconds before the audio plays back. Also, latency on my Focusrite Saffire LE has gone up by two milliseconds (not that I hear the difference, but still).

None of this was the case with 4.0, which ran smoothly and effortlessly and made me very happy about my decision to stick with Cubase.

Can't wait for that "General maintenance update", as Steinberg so quaintly calls it.

But to put all this in perspective, I just finished an album on ProTools HD (7.something) and boy, am I glad I don't have to use THAT at home!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had issues with Cubase 4 (the audition feature works... sporadically???) and was waiting for the next maintenance release.

Reading zephonic post somehow depresses me.. What are peeps on the Steiny boards saying/suggesting (I'll check them later)?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived