Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tele Chicken pickin'!

Durockrolly

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool vid, Du....

Anyone ever play a guitar with one of those B-benders?? I examined one, but didn't play......I should have taken the time....

I've tried a couple. They're cool, but don't have one put in your Goldtop! :eek:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Saw him last night, actually sat about 2 feet in front of Greg! Ears are still ringing! He had the whole band, bass virtuoso Reggie Hamilton along with Tom Brechtlein on drums, and they tore it up for about three hours.

He gave a free guitar clinic at a local shop highlighting some new Fender products and the Hal Leonard line of instructional gear. It was pretty casual and interactive, lot's of discussion with the crowd, and tons of great playing!

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

Some special Teles have a mechanism that attaches to the front strap knob that stretches the B string. Push down on the guitar while playing, the strap pulls up on the strap knob, and you bend your B string....for that steel-pedal sound/country style thing. Brad Paisley plays a G Bender.

Greg wasn't playing his B Bender last night, but one of those new VG Strats off the floor (one of the things they stressed was that everything they were playing was off the store floor, guitars, drums, amps, effects...) but half way through he was "feeling" for a Tele and switched to a Baja.

The things he made that VG Strat do where insane! But then again, the stuff he did to that Tele was insane as well!

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

Wow that's some routing job to install that! :o

I've always been intrigued by these, but any thought of carving up my Tele are out of the question!! :sick:

Amazing sounding stuff though.

I'm pretty sure that Marty Stuart has the original Parsons/White Tele with B-bender from Clarence White.

Archived