Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Bargain bass--only $59,999....

Steve Force

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the bass is only $999. The other $50,000 is for the original case. :)

You'd think that someone who was hoping to get that much money would spend a little more time writing the description.

I'm hoping that the bass was originally white which aged into that yellowish color, because otherwise there's something wrong there.

What I can see in the pictures looks authentic. It would be nice to see it with the pickup covers off and maybe even show the neck heel and the pots.

Not that any of us is going to buy it anyway.

I've seen this bass in person on many occasions. For a very long time they always had a not for sale tag hanging on it. Im guessing they are trying to sell it now to see if anyone is really that desperate. If I can Ill get over there and see what the deal is.

Something IS definitely wrong with that picture.

If the body was originally Olympic White, it has aged nicely, but there is no aging on the back of the neck and hardly any on the headstock. Everything looks way too new.

Or maybe that's just a stock photo???? He he.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

See my previous post.

I've seen this bass in person. It's legit. I'm also guessing they are trying to sell it like Dweezil Zappa is trying to sell the Jimi Hendrix Monterey guitar - he's had it listed for sale at $1,000,000 for years now.

Depending on my schedule today I'm going to try and get over to Guitarville and see what the story is. And see if they'll let me plug that bass in.

Up to $25 back w. eBay MasterCard! HAHA! Only 25? flipping hell do people actually buy at that price? Was it the first electric bass or something? (I know it isn't but you get my drift)

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

I don't care how legit it is -- that's a preposterous amount of money to spend on any bass, IMO.

Right. Which I think is the point. They don't *want* to sell it but if some idiot wants to give them that obscene amount of money they'll let it go.

Archived