Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kinda OT: Need a Favour

Kramer Ferrington III.

Well, it'll be my birthday soon, and my wife's asked me what I want. Good thing that, it saves me from getting white elephants.

Anyway, I decided the most useful thing I could ask for, within a certain budget, is a new FX pedal. The only problem is that what I want is not available here (it needs to be imported just for me)

I can order online, of course, but the stores that stock it don't ship outside the US.

So I was wondering... if I was to buy the pedal online, would somebody be nice enough to accept delivery and send it to me here in NZ? It'd need to be a forum regular, and with PayPal, so I could give them the postage money.

Thanking you in antici... pation, blah, blah, blah. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we speak The Queen's English, do you US guys speak The President's English?

With your current President, that's a serious thought....... :)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I think that most any of us would do this for you. The only thing that you have to consider is time. Shipping to you could be an issue. I'vw bought mics and books from Australia, I've shipped a guitar there, too. Sometimes it is quick, other times....

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

And "been" and "bean" sound the same, too. :D

I was wondering where those pesky Canadians got that pronunciation from! :D

Here's a test I came up with for how to tell if someone's from Canada, not the U.S.... ask them to recite this sentence:

"been out and about processing beer and pasta, mom"

Most likely every word except for "and" will be pronounced in a distinctly un-american way. :laugh:

Or heck, just ask them to read this out loud: "z". You'll hear "zed", apprently just like the rest of the english speaking world aside from the US says it. :eek:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

We Canadians spell "favour" with a U as well, same as "colour", and we often swap around our "er"s too...theatre, centre...

Apparently it's a British/American thing and we sided with the Brits! Sorry guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences

That's ok. New Englander's have no idea what English they speak.

Peace

That's the way I was taught to spell it in school. Otherwise, the nuns chased you around with a red-coloured axe. ;)

PM is on its way. Thanks!

We had the same 3rd grade teacher? Sister Mary beatmeup?

Peace

What a coincidence.......I think I took Sister Mary's cataract out Monday!! :laugh:

She's still wierd......... ;)

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

And "been" and "bean" sound the same, too. :D

I was wondering where those pesky Canadians got that pronunciation from! :D

Here's a test I came up with for how to tell if someone's from Canada, not the U.S.... ask them to recite this sentence:

"been out and about processing beer and pasta, mom"

Most likely every word except for "and" will be pronounced in a distinctly un-american way. :laugh:

Or heck, just ask them to read this out loud: "z". You'll hear "zed", apprently just like the rest of the english speaking world aside from the US says it. :eek:

I will say this for the Canadians. At least they are consistant. I lived in England for a couple of years. The Englsh BUTCHER the Queens English. Even in the same town, London, you need a translator!

Peace

Archived