Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Bass (probably next week) and its a Squier!!

rizzo9247

It seems I am the only one indulging in any sort of buying... :)

Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz Bass

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/rizzo9247/vintmodjbassfretless3ts_4320_2.jpg

I would of pulled the trigger already, but I am waiting on the returns of another bass I have on eBay, and also, I want to play it before making a blind-buy.

Gear Aquisitions in '07

March - Fender Standard Jazz V

July - Fender Precision (M. Dirnt Signature)(currently on sale)

August - Peavey Grind 6 string

September - possibly this fretless

I vowed only to keep 3 basses, so I recycled a few others on eBay in '06: Ibanez GAXB150, and an Ibanez EDC705.

On a side note, I was watching VH1's classic albums last night, and they were showing Metallica's Black Album. I caught a glimpse of Jason's 5 string Sadowsky and thought about it, but decided I needed to keep both kidneys.

-Anthony

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats. I have played several of the VM fretless Squier basses, and have been very pleased. One of these will likely be my next bass as well.

Do post a review when possible.

Yar.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 . . . . huh? . . . wait

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 . . . . What I thought! What happened to the rest of the strings?

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

That looks like a nice bass rizzo. If you buy it let us hear how you like it. There's been more than a handful on this forum that either own the new VM Squiers or have good things to say about them.

Why don't you get that one and the Sadowsky? ;)

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

That looks like a nice bass rizzo. If you buy it let us hear how you like it. There's been more than a handful on this forum that either own the new VM Squiers or have good things to say about them.

Why don't you get that one and the Sadowsky? ;)

I would love to play one before I buy it, but there is one on eBay already set up nice with LaBella Flats for half the price of a new one. I believe Picker has one, not sure about who else, but when I get it I will surely give a detailed review.

As far as a Sadowsky goes... If we all put off our last 4 or 5 musical purchases (i.e. new bass, amp, cab, head, effect, etc.) we could each have our own NYC Sadowsky in our home already. I wish I could turn back the clock....

-Anthony

I got myself one of these a month ago, and am pretty pleased with it.

Mine is in wood finish with a black pickguard.

I would definitely reccomend it for novice players looking to get their first bass, as you get a great deal for your money. The tone is the best thing about it. Really nice low end with a really defined high end. (I actually have to eq it down when I play with my band, it just cuts through like butter)

I havent done much in terms of setting it up, so i do get some noise here and there. Then again, I have never played a real fender jazz so i dont really know :)

Archived