Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

mp5 questions

leavity

How much better are the acoustic piano sounds and action of the mp5 in comparison with the es4 and mp4. How is the build quality of the mp5? Does it also have enough output volume,for a loud band situation? I currently play an es4. Any info would be helpful. Thank You.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much better are the acoustic piano sounds and action of the mp5 in comparison with the es4 and mp4. How is the build quality of the mp5? Does it also have enough output volume,for a loud band situation? I currently play an es4. Any info would be helpful. Thank You.

This is the million dollar question. I would really like to try an MP5 but I haven't heard about any in the US. :rolleyes:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

There is a review in the latest UK "Keyboard Player" magazine. The action is the same nuts and bolts but has been adjusted (just like you can adjust the action on acoustic pianos), and the reviewer stated that it felt a little more substantial and connected to the sounds compared to the MP4.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

I would concur with that. The "voicing" has also been adjusted, particularly on the second Concert Grand sound, such that the sound is more consistent and cohesive - this is particularly noticeable through the middle registers. I did a direct comparison with an ES4, so I am not imagining it!

Also the adjustability of the damper effect, sympathetic resonance and key off effect improve the sounds. (I previously owned an MP4 and find the MP5 to be a significant improvement, although not earth-shattering.)

Plenty of output volume for a band situation. This is not an issue. I did a fairly extensive review a while back - it might give you some answers...

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=18&Number=1756849&Searchpage=4&Main=128568&Words=kawai+&topic=0&Search=true#Post1756849

Also, this: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/3162.html#000005

Archived