Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buzz Feiten System

Salvador

I have been reading lately about it, and sounds very promising.The only "downside" is that you must stick to a certain string gauge, which is really not a problem for me.

One of my basses will really benefit from it, but I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it before, or know someone who had tried it. I really love my bass, and I don't mind

spending some money correcting an intonation problem. but if it does not fix it.....

Any opinions?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My MTD 5Z use the Buzz Feiten System. I'm not sure about the string gauge because I use what I like. I tune the bass on each string on the E fett. The intonation is very precise. I tune with a Petterson Strode. Are you looking to install the kit?
The Petterson Strode is about $200 and can set up any bass intonation; it's a good investment if you do your own work on your basses.

Actually,there's a certified technician close to home, and he is looking at what is the fretboard radius of my bass, since I don't really know, and he needs to know that to know if there's a nut for my bass(it's a Gibson RD Artist from 1978). But yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

Does it work if you tune with a standard electronic tuner? I have a Boss TU-80, which is not bad,I think.

Personally, I have never noticed the intonation problem that the Feiten system is supposed to fix.

I even had an instrument that was built using the system for a little while and didn't notice anything different about it.

But who am I to say.

Did you try at any moment to compare tuning with open strings against a fretted note? Say open D against D at 19th fret G string? I know they are two octaves apart, but it should not be a very noticeable difference, right?

Personally, I have never noticed the intonation problem that the Feiten system is supposed to fix.

I even had an instrument that was built using the system for a little while and didn't notice anything different about it.

But who am I to say.

Did you try at any moment to compare tuning with open strings against a fretted note? Say open D against D at 19th fret G string? I know they are two octaves apart, but it should not be a very noticeable difference, right?

I did not do that.

I'm not noticing any discrepancy on any of my basses with that test. I set up my basses myself and I do play the high notes so I want them to be in tune....and they are.

The Washburn Bantam I've recently got boasts the Buzz Feiten system, but I can't honestly say I notice any difference, and on close examination of the nut, I can't see any deviation from a standard nut.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Not SPAM....I have nothing to do with these guys...just a satified user and I saw the hardware version mentioned.

Hi Guys...I have been using the Peterson Strobosoft Deluxe to intonate and tune all my guitars.

It has a Buzz Feiten setting on it as well as standard settings for acoustic and electric guitars and basses up to 7 string, violins, cello etc etc.

It only cost about $79 and downloads in seconds. I have installed two bridges and intonated them and checked and adjusted all 9 of my guitars with adjustable saddles as well as checked all my acoustics with fixed bridges.

I love it. I have it in my studio on two computers and on my laptop. I just take the laptop to the guitar and plug in a 1/4"-1/8" cable and off I go.

It has paid for itself many times over already in terms of setups at a repair guy. I always intonated by ear but this thing is so accurate. I thought my ear was great but LOL my guitars all sound so sweet now being intonated dead nuts on. New saddles on the '64 Strat is next, over the weekend.

The Strobosoft also "sees" Pro Tools inputs etc and I am sure other DAW's also.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/Picture12.png

Archived