Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: in need of a kitchen sink?

MILLO

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear they'll find someone dumb enough to think this has some future value for its connection to Garcia. I think I'd rather give the money to charity with no strings attached then to take possession of this ridiculous item. :rolleyes:

One more reason I'm glad I like some of the Dead's music, but was never a Deadhead.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Nope, no drawers, but you can still bid for the trash compactor!

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=koltys1

And ok... 16K for a dirty old sink is bullsh!t. But if it was cheaper (a couple of hundred bucks, say), I'd consider it. It'd be such a hoot!

"Dude, this guitar was played by Jerry!"

"Screw that, man! I've got his KITCHEN SINK!" :grin:

It's the stuff Cheech and Chong records were made of.

I suppose someone might buy something like this for a good cause, but clearly the fact that a kitchen sink belonged to some famous musician has nothing to do with the value of the sink itself, right? Did Mr. Garcia dedicate his artistry to making sinks?

Unless you buy it for the RESALE VALUE....

..."Dude, this guitar was played by Jerry!"

"Screw that, man! I've got his KITCHEN SINK!" :grin:

It's the stuff Cheech and Chong records were made of...

LOL! Reminds me of an acquaintance of mine (Steve??? last name escapes me) who bought & sold and brokered deals on celebrity memorabilia. He specialized in Elvis stuff. He took me around his apartment showing me all of the Elvis stuff in his personal collection. I remember a few of the items included a cigar stub, some autographs and some of the famous towels he used to give out to ladies in the audience as well as a bunch of other junk.

Then he said, "Go take a look at what's hanging up in the bathroom." I go in there to see, framed behind glass, hanging above the toilet, a pair of Elvis' BVDs! :freak::D

I asked how in the world he got them and how was he sure they once belonged to the King. Apparently Steve was buddies with some of the employees at Graceland, including the housekeeper. Now, when you were a kid, what did your mom do with your old underwear?? Can you say dust-cloths and cleaning rags??? The housekeeper had hung on to a lot of his "strictly personals" to help her keep Graceland clean. Steve asked for the BVDs and she was happy to oblige. What a hoot!

Back OT - I have never understood the appeal of the Grateful Dead. :bor:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

• 4 weeks later...
...hahaha... and like Jerry's sink, you'll probably get high if you lick it--but then again who would? ...maybe a dopehead. Although this guy was so much into acid that touching the darn bike might suffice (sp?). I've been putting off getting some of his cd's, I like some of his tunes...

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived