Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What part of you moves to the groove?

slap-pop-karl

Hm yeah I just recently noticed my right shoulder moving whilst I play. What part of you moves to the groove?? (yeah I'm bored)

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tend to tap my foot and do the duck (neck) dance, the drumer i play with knows that whenever I have my neck/head steady, that means we are not laying the groove

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Everything. I can't play a song that has anything remotely resembling a groove without moving. I "feel" the groove much better if I move. In church with the limited stage real estate, I have to be really careful to not fall off the back of the stage, nor whack the worship leader in the head with my bass...although I do try to tastefully contain myself a bit.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Its either my head, my knees or my feet...or any combination thereof. It depends on the song and what feel we decide to give it that particular night.

Ibanez BTB450

Ibanez SR905

Ibanez SRX400

Brownsville ABG2CRBS

Palatino VE-500 EURB

Crate BX-2115L

Crate BT50

Nothing, it took me years to cultivate and perfect my "Roy Orbison" stand perfectly still and look uncomfortable stage persona. Why would I want to ruin it now?

Actually I do the head thing and shift my weight back and forth between my feet. Some sort primal dance or something. I am gonna have to watch some tape to see.

I guess my head + the rest of my body depending on the groove of the tune... :cool:

This one is with Peter Tork of the Monkees. I am the guy with the sunglasses playing the Ibanez ATK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455Hd9KBYg8

groovy,

Kenny

http://web.mac.com/vibechekmusic/iWeb/site/Home.html

www.vibechekmusic.com

Archived