Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorta OT: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss?

Megiliel

Plant, Krauss to Release Album This Fall

Published: 8/5/07, 12:25 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - More than a few people in town wondered what was up when rock legend Robert Plant was spotted in recent months at the Grand Ole Opry and at the popular bluegrass club The Station Inn.

The former Led Zeppelin frontman's album with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand," will be released Oct. 23 on Rounder Records, the label announced Friday.

Recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles and produced by T Bone Burnett, the album finds the two interpreting lesser-known material from blues, R&B, country and folk songwriters including Mel Tillis, Townes Van Zandt, Tom Waits, Gene Clark, Doc Watson, Little Milton Campbell and the Everly Brothers.

There's also "Please Read the Letter," a song written by Plant and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page from their 1998 album "Walking Into Clarksdale."

"You've got two singers that can handle a wide range of material - storytellers. So you look for the stories," Burnett said in the release.

Krauss and Plant first sang together a few years ago at a tribute concert for blues great Leadbelly at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Supporting musicians on "Raising Sand" include guitarists Marc Ribot and Norman Blake, multi-instrumentalist Mike Seeger, drummer Jay Bellerose and bassist Dennis Crouch.

Does anybody else think that's gonna sound AWESOME!!!???

www.myspace.com/donahelena

Support bored teenage ghost hunters. www.myspace.com/rock_paranormal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw this release online this AM too. At first I was shocked and thought it was way out there, but then I thought about and I think it will be awesome! T-Bone Burnett is a great producer and musician and Marc Ribot is a very interesting choice as a guitarist. I can't wait to hear it.

I'm so excited. Alison Krauss is amazing, and Plant is too, but both of them together? I'm gonna OD on awesomeness!

www.myspace.com/donahelena

Support bored teenage ghost hunters. www.myspace.com/rock_paranormal

I'm sceptical, but you never know, I have been pleasantly surprised before. I've also been thoroughly dissappointed before. I love both singers for what they have done. I believe any two artists if they are simpathetic to each other can create great work together. But record companies sometimes release some collaborations that were really never meant to be.

I kind of chuckled to myself when I saw Allison Krauss listed on YoYoMa CD I bought. But the duet they did of "Simple Gifts" has to be one of my favorites of all time. Something just clicked on the way the sonorities of her voice an his cello worked with each other.

Archived