Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

chord forms for 4ths tuning

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.guitarzone.com/gcodex/gcodex.html

You can change the tuning either from the drop down box, or by using the + & - buttons above the fretboard.

Now -that- is most excellent.

Thanks, Trucks!

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Or just use the same voicings as usual and move the top two strings, if played, down a fret.

Hmmm. In theory that is absolutely correct. In practice, when you are barring 2 or more strings with a finger, or your fingers are already stretched/squashed into position.. It's not easy to just move back a fret. A lot of the time, you are more likely to find it easier to use a totally different voicing.

Open string chords? What are they? Do people use those? :eek: :-) hehe

I don't particularly mean 6 string chords though.

Like a dim7. I would barre with my index finger

-

-

Becomes a real PITA to use the same voicing

-

-

Not a finger bender, by any means... But as a passing 1 beat chord or such.. It makes it trickier than it needs to be.

There is probably a much easier, similar sounding voicing for 4th's tuning... Not that I would tune to 4ths.. But by having a quick butchers at the diagram I could immediately try out a whole handful of voicings (some of which may not have occurred to me straight away) :-)

And lol erm to address the "ask a bassist".... most bassists have 4 strings tuned to 4ths.. and so do I. :grin:

Archived