Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Studio Pack review finished

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have also learned recently that THE LOGIC-RPC CD WILL NOT VALIDATE WITH OLDER CD rom PLAYERS OR OLDER CDR UNITS. It appears that the VALIDATE process looks at sub code and my older Sony CDR can't send the validation info necessary. After being attacked by another virus, I re-formatted my C: drive and started my system "from scratch". Keeping in mind that the LOGIC CD must BE A KEY DISK, I chose to use my older CDR to install because it uses a DISK CADDY, which will keep my fingers from destroying the CD every week or so DURING VALIDATION but to my surprise, I wasn't able to validate until I placed the CD in the newer CD rom!

• 2 weeks later...
Techristian, I just wanted to voice my appreciation for your putting the review together. I've been considering several different options for taking my little project setup up enough notches to make it useful for someone else, and the Studio Pack is one of the options for doing so. Thanks for putting in the effort. -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

Thanks Danny M. It is amazing the response that I have received. In 3 years I will be able to retire with 30 years at DCX. A friend writer friend of mine suggested that I retire then and write reviews, after reading the Studio Pack review, but you need lots of money to buy these toys! I still want to make music though and probably PRODUCE YOUNG PEOPLE. (I'm 46 now) I'm even getting my toes wet with video. For my next CD I'm even planning on some 3d rendering for the video. If you go to the link below, keep in mind that the "Plastic World" video was finished NOVEMBER 2000 with footage from NYC. If you are tied to anyone from the WTC you may not want to see this. Our music videos http://musicinit.com/pvideos.html

[quote]Originally posted by techristian: [b]Thanks Danny M. If you go to the link below, keep in mind that the "Plastic World" video was finished NOVEMBER 2000 with footage from NYC. If you are tied to anyone from the WTC you may not want to see this.[/b][/quote] Heh, heh, that video has such a beautiful 1980's MTV feel. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Too bad you're so far away. It would probably be a blast to be involved with one of your productions. Best of luck, -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

Archived