Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T Brain Juice

Strategery

I'm sure most of you Kal-Ee-Forn-Ee-ans are already hip to this, but down here in Gaw-Ja we're health conscious as well, maybe just a little slower to catch on. :grin:

So my wife and I are shopping yesterday and catch a live demo of a DAMN NICE JUICER!!

Yeah, I know...You spent how much? :( About $360, but geez, you can jump start yer car with this thing. :grin:

It has a 2 horsepower motor and pulverize anything you put in there into molecules....NO S&*t!! :thu:

So this morning, instead of the usual Sausage or bacon with either toast or waffles....we try out the new juicer.

We put in an apple, parts of peaches, melon, pineapple, strawberries, oranges, a whole carrot, a dash of vanilla, honey to sweeten, a little protein powder, and a cup or two of ice.

OH-MY-GOD!! It tasted great and really fills you up! :)

I am really shocked at this thing!

The drink possibilities are endless and not only that, you can make salsas and even soup.

Hey, lets not leave out daiqueries from hell for the hot summers by the pool either! :grin:

Anyway, maybe I'm just trying to mentally justify the expenditure, but I'm not as stuffed as I normally am after breakfast, and I have no desire to sit down and let my meal settle and seem to be more energetic! :)

THe mixing is easy and so is the clean up!

Any of you guys juicing out there?

Also, if you are, are you having results such as weight loss and other health benefits?

Hey, who knows? Maybe this will turn me into a SHRED MEISTER!! :grin:

Randy

"Just play!"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one for years, but the insane cost of fruit up here finally made me sell the thing.

They are extraordinarily good for you. The more fruits and veggies you eat and the less meat and fat you eat, the healthier you'll be. You'll feel it. You'll have more energy, get sick less and really reduce your chance of getting some of the more serious diseases.

Spam coming....

My older brother is the Managing Director of VuJu, offering the new Fruit Smoothie Vodka drink. Its the first such thing available in the UK.

Keep your eyes peeled for it, because it's actually pretty good. The only ingredient that isnt pure fruit is the Vodka.

Spam over.

:grin:

Yeah, I know...You spent how much? :( About $360, but geez, you can jump start yer car with this thing. :grin:

Point is, you just spent $360 on a friggin' juicer.

That could've been a Klon Centaur, for baby Jesus' sake.

Just kidding. Hope you enjoy it and get some juice out of it. :rimshot: funny!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAA....Cat Juicer!! :grin: MWahahahhahahaa

Hey, even a cat lover like me has to laugh at that!! :grin:

A-String...I'm assuming you're from Ontario. Fruit is THAT expensive up there? Geez.

It's very affordable down here.

Thanks for the health info as well. :)

WHen we bought the juicer at a SAM'S club, we simply loaded up on fruit. NO big expense.

Oh Yeah..... buy you a few bags of fruit...which is MANY meals, and then count up what you spend on fast food and restaurants...and the difference is astounding.

I was actually surprised.

Hey Millo....Yeah, if I didn't have more gear than I actually need, which is not too much....I damn sure wouldn't have bought this thing. :grin:

I think it's just age and mortality staring me in the face. :grin:

The grim reaper told us to buy it. ;)

Randy

Here's the one we got. VITA MIX.

http://www.vitamix.com/household/products/super5000/choice2.html

http://www.factorydirect2you.com/virese.html

http://www.vitamix.com/household/images/whitefinished.jpg

"Just play!"

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAA....Cat Juicer!! :grin: MWahahahhahahaa

Hey, even a cat lover like me has to laugh at that!! :grin:

A-String...I'm assuming you're from Ontario. Fruit is THAT expensive up there? Geez.

It's very affordable down here.

Thanks for the health info as well. :)

No problem.

Yeah, produce and dairy have gotten ridiculous here lately. A 900gram/2lb brick of cheese is around $8 (The 200gram/half pound sticks are $5). Apples seem to work out to almost $1 each. A pint of strawberries can top $5.

The only cheap fruit we have now is bananas. Bananas are around 59 cents a pound.

I think most of our fruit is shipped out to other places.

Archived