Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LOndon Bass Social TEam Reflective (LOBSTER)

Davo-London

Any one coming along on Saturday?

We had a cracking rehearsal last night, I do recommend seeing the singer, Anna perform. She's one of those performers born to be on stage. She filled her rehearsal performance with energy - prowling and dancing around the room and singing everything as if it was at a high profile gig.

I'm very much looking forward to the gig.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The here just went to http://here, which funnily enough isn't a website!

The hot links work well now. All you have to do is type in the URL and the forum does the rest.

ie, if you type in:

www.google.co.uk

then it will automatically hotlink to the site.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Here's the text that it should have linked to:

Anybody wants to drop in, I'm doing a festival gig at the Southwark Park Event on Saturday - 7.7.07 with Anna Bengo. Big stage, free entry, decent singer and band. We should be on about 1.45 p.m. but I'll keep you posted.

(Anna at the Southwark Park gig last year)

http://www.myspace.com/annabengo

http://annabengo.com/

Also on the bill:

parachutists, Rose Royce, The Real Thing, Dave Edmunds Rockpile, Chas and Dave (for real), Geno Washington, South London Jazz Orchestra, funfair, markets and stalls, sporting and childrens activities and a spectacular firework finale.

30,000 turned up last year! No doubt there'll be a few less at 1.45 though!

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/DiscoverSouthwark/EventsSection/whatson/eventsouthwarkpark.html

So anyone have any ideas for how we could combine a bbq and jam then? I think it'd be hard! I'm open to suggestion and will be in and around London this summer. Given that it's London and not the US, I think it might prove too difficult to combine. Jam + dinner or a BBQ on it's own might prove possible.

Damn it! i am only 16, legally in England i can't live by my self anyway can i? Oh well looks like you guys in London have had a lucky escape from me.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

I can help you on how to go into the housing ladder.

I charge a small introdutory fee of:

Ampeg SVT 8x10 + roadie to carry it

Svt head

One fodera one swadowky one mike lull one wall one musicman one 75' jazz bass blonde butterscotch.

That's it for now

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• 6 months later...
Phil you have GOT to be there! It wouldn't be the same without your singing! Maybe Alex and David could come. What if we arranged it a little bit further south of the river.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

We have unusual school breaks this term as Easter is early. We have a week off from 18th February for half-term then Easter weekend off, then we break up 5th-21st April.

The Athens thing is a bit pie-in-the-sky but the Paris trip would just be a weekend so I'll have time.

A jam+meal/drinks again?

Easter weekend i was planning on hunting down the loch ness monster and play a couple tunes for her. :) Nessie

Me and my best half are planning on going up north if not i'm in

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Feb half term might be better then. Phil, why don't you start a PM group on this to sort details then we can come back here when done?

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Here I am. Challo-everybody-peeps.

Funny enough this is the first time in a while I've been visiting. It's been a very busy few months with not too much bass work. I do have a new fish but haven't got a web-photo account to upload it. (5string Musicman in Silver Sparkle!)

How is everyone?

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Doing good thanks Phil, glad you're well.

A meet would be good, I've a very hectic few weeks at work coming up, but will drop you a line when things calm down a little.

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Archived