Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LOndon Bass Social TEam Reflective (LOBSTER)

Davo-London

OK I'll leave it for now then. When I spoke to Davo the other day he seemed very keen to get on his Throne.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I rang the venues. Both are full in the evening as weekday evenings are the peak rehearsal time. Both Premises and The Joint have availablity in the day. I know that Davo, Tim and I can make the afternoon but I don't think Lenny can. We're on a cancellation list for the Wednesday evening. I guess it might have to be a daytime one as that is off-peak rehearsal time.

Any ideas or suggetsions?

Maybe would should postpone until David is available too. We could probably book ahead more easily. Studios seem to be in short supply everywhere. Might be time to change career :)

Any live music pubs doing anything on that evening, we could just meet for a chinwag.

Rahsaan from the Keyboard Corner is also available in the afternoon and might be able to drop in though so it could be Phil, Tim, Davo plus Rahsaan and a drummer or two. That would be worth doing - even if it's a trial run and the next time we do something when David and Lenny etc. can make it.

We would only need one other drummer, so we need to co-ordinate this, My friend Tim plays keys as well so he would be a good addition. I'll ask him.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Maybe that's best Phil - i could be 50/50 to make it of an afternoon, but probably won't know until the end of next week.

If i can, i will...

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Be great if you could Lenny, Davo and I have spoken on the phone.

Plan A is the afternoon of the 11th April at either the Premises or the Joint. Plan B is to hire somewhere else on that evening (difficult to find and probably will be soemwhere grungy).

Plan A is more likely. I'll keep people informed - I'll start a new thread once we know exactly where and when.

TimR and Davo can make the afternoon say from 2 pm onwards. Phil you say both locations can do this time. So we just need to choose the venue.

Davo

Yep I'm about, depends on location as to whether I come in on the tube and hire an amp, or pay the congestion charge and park. I'm Ok for the evening now as well.

I thought that this one might be fodder for the LOBSTER crew to ponder...

One of your countrymen solicited me on myspace, looking for a bassist in the UK. Why he would ask someone in the states is beyond me. But let the merriment ensue after you check out his page: http://www.myspace.com/krisway :crazy:

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

There's a portuguese guy who can teach you how to do it.

Salt codfish is one of the main dishes in Portugal

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Alas, no. I'm squirreling my frequent flyer miles away for that ever so exciting trip to Newfoundland, so that I might learn the proper ways to salt codfish. ;D

Salt cod is great. I'd love some as I moved to the mainland back in '91 and it isn't available around here. The joys of living in a landlocked western province I guess :crazy: . I'm sure the moratorium on the cod fishery hasn't helped either. Try some cod tongues too if you get a chance, Mmmmmmmmm.

It would be nice to have a trip back. I haven't been back there since I moved here.

Cheers

Newf :D

• 2 months later...

Anybody wants to drop in, I'm doing a festival gig at the Southwark Park Event on 7.7.07 with Anna Bengo. Big stage, free entry, decent singer and band. We should be on about 2 p.m. but I'll keep you posted.

(Anna at the Southwark Park gig last year)

http://www.myspace.com/annabengo

http://annabengo.com/

Also on the bill:

parachutists, Rose Royce, The Real Thing, Dave Edmunds Rockpile, Chas and Dave (for real), Geno Washington, South London Jazz Orchestra, funfair, markets and stalls, sporting and childrens activities and a spectacular firework finale.

30,000 turned up last year! No doubt there'll be a few less at 2.00 though! :grin:

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/DiscoverSouthwark/EventsSection/whatson/eventsouthwarkpark.html

Wow, I'm listening to the mp3s and love it. Very much a rock band with funk, reggae, soul, pop and disco touches. Some tracks are pure disco though. Only thing is, sounds like I need a fretted. Anyone want to hire me a fretted 4 string? ;)

No, I guess I might try to rent one. I'll see how I can make it work on fretless.

Yeah, you can borrow my precision if you like. It'll feel a bit cumbersome compared to the Wal though.

But are very welcome to use it.

Davo

Davo, that's very kind; I might take you up on that! I started on a Precision copy so it'd be like coming home, I guess. I played along with the tracks last night and did my best fretted bass impression and that might work well - it's just not a gig for a lot of slides or melody playing.

Hello guys. The great NUTT found me this page. Absolute amazing. Basically, I know how good bass guitarists are almost non-existant, so I'm searching hard right now for one to join a music project.

It's all explained else where in the forum, below is the link. I don't want to clog up your post so if you have time or if you're interested, visit:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=5&Number=1773197&Searchpage=1&Main=129567&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post1773197

Thanks so much.

Gemma

Wow, I'm listening to the mp3s and love it. Very much a rock band with funk, reggae, soul, pop and disco touches. Some tracks are pure disco though. Only thing is, sounds like I need a fretted. Anyone want to hire me a fretted 4 string? ;)

No, I guess I might try to rent one. I'll see how I can make it work on fretless.

Well, as I've told you, if you are passing by Loughborough you can borrow my JJ if you want.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived