Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SLASH!!!

guitarisawayoflife21

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the video/commercial! Interesting... I thought Slash was so tied to Les Paul guitars - what's up with pushing First Act guitars? But if it gets a few more "kids" to play guitar, its cool!

Anybody know how much First Act guitars cost? I know they start at the low end... $100 at Toys-R-Us, but how much does the VW/First Act guitar cost? (Please don't say $25,000 including the car!)

Its not Slash's first commercial either... here's his Mastercard commercial...

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Originally posted by rw2003:

...Anybody know how much First Act guitars cost? I know they start at the low end... $100 at Toys-R-Us, but how much does the VW/First Act guitar cost? (Please don't say $25,000 including the car!)...

Why not? The only way you can get one is by buying one of several VW models. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I saw it last night. Pretty cool, but I didn't care much for the guitar itself. Slash is cool no matter what kind of guitar he is playing.

I'm not sure, but I think that I recall hearing that First Act is a Gibson sub-brand.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

I read thru the First Act web site and could not find any references to Gibson as a parent company. In fact, there is not much mention about how the company is structured at all.

They're up in Boston and have a retail shop called the Studio which has guitars and other instruments to play/buy, concerts/clinics and even a tour of instrument making.

http://www.firstact.com/VisitUs/FirstActGuitarStudio.aspx

I could be wrong - I only saw the ad once - but I am quite certain that it says something about being able to plug the guitar into the car's stereo and play through it. If that's the case I'VE GOTTA HAVE THAT CAR! ;)

Steve

"And the guitar players look damaged

They've been outcasts all their lives"

-Jagger/Richards-

Originally posted by WornNeck:

I thought his tone sucked, but maybe it's my TV's fault. :D Or maybe not.

Nope...not your TV.

I also think his tone sucked.

It has that "fizzy" kind of distortion...like what comes out of a lot cheap digital boxes.

But overall...the commercial is kinda' cool.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Originally posted by miroslav:

Originally posted by WornNeck:

I thought his tone sucked, but maybe it's my TV's fault. :D Or maybe not.

Nope...not your TV.

I also think his tone sucked.

It has that "fizzy" kind of distortion...like what comes out of a lot cheap digital boxes.

But overall...the commercial is kinda' cool.

That wasn't a live performance--if you listen you can hear they miked the strings and the amp. Which is actually worse if you think about it!

Cass Anawaty, Chief Engineer

Sunbreak Music, LLC

High Resolution Stereo and Surround Mastering

www.sunbreakmusic.com

First off i thought Slash didn't sound like Slash

then i thought wha! no Les Paul? Then man that tone sucks then if you listen to the last thing the guys says...ahhh! Not Slash at all.Man i knew he can play better then that and no way would a Les Paul Marshall guy play a FA VW rig buzzzzzzzz :D

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by guitarisawayoflife21:

http://www.vdubsrock.com/?ic_id=edh_vdubsrock

Theres the site. Cant find the commercial, but some cool stuff on the site.

If you check out the web site you'll find a link to guitar lessons. There are a few beginner-level videos with Dweezil Zappa plugged into the VW giving lessons.

There is also a "rock god battle" link that is contest. Make and upload a video of you playing loud and fast and the winner gets a Slash autographed and "pre-shredded" First Act Garagemaster guitar. IMO... they should give away a car too! Let's hope some folks from this board will enter and maybe win!

Archived