Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New "Sucks" thread for all you haters

musicalhair

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the players who can sing thread:

"John Lennon

Paul McCartney

George Harrison

Ok, I'm done.

"

Are you kidding me?!?! Ffs every freeking time I hear McCartney open his mouth it just plain irritates the hell out of me!! I dread the day I hear him sing at the same time as I snap a guitar string because I will undoubtedly hang myself with it just to make the noise stop.

Ok, now IM done :)

This is what this thread is for right? :)

"John Lennon

Paul McCartney

George Harrison"

While McCartney's voice is just a shadow of what it use to be...he was always the only real singer of the four...

...and if you listen to the later Beatles stuff, and some of McCartneys early solo efforts...

...his voice kicks ass, IMO.

"Maybe I'm Amazed", "Long and Winding Road", Yesterday..and quite a few others that McCartney sang are quite good vocal performances. :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Alright you non-player hatin' mofos.

I'm outta here for a week while we take the kids to Kennedy Space Center and all the good stuff down there.

When I come back, I hope to have some of Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Appunti opus 210 down. That plus some other stuff I'm doing.

Hate on that for a while.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Originally posted by musicalhair:

Alright you non-player hatin' mofos.

I'm outta here for a week while we take the kids to Kennedy Space Center and all the good stuff down there.

When I come back, I hope to have some of Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Appunti opus 210 down. That plus some other stuff I'm doing.

Hate on that for a while.

I'd have to hear you play it before I can hate it.

C-T is not my favorite composer....

Originally posted by musicalhair:

Hey Kramer Ferrington III, I agree with like all of what you said here. My concern is not with telling P Diddy he sucks, my concern is with the kid that comes in here potentially because he wanted to learn "It's all about the Benjamins" or something. Telling him it sucks chases away a future one of us.

I dunno...I think kids are made of sterner stuff. I became aware of rock and roll pretty much at the same time as the Sex Pistols came out.

Sure, I'd heard a bit of Led Zep and a bit of the Stones and all that, but it was the Pistols that realy did it for me. And didn't I cop some shit over that! :P Whenever ellwod goes on about punk, I get the strongest feeling of deja vu :D But it was worse back then because it wasn't just about the music... punk rock was by and large considered a sure sign that the world was a coming to an end or maybe even worse. All that "save our kids from this sick filth" stuff that the papers printed whenever news were slow or some royal hadn't fallen off a horse that day. Whenever some ageing muso limited himself to giving me a pained look, that was a good day.

Not even GP was any sort of solace, all they seemed to have back then was articles on LA session guys or whatever they were.

But I didn't give a toss about any of the guys that kncked my tastes. I merely dismissed them as idiots and moved on. I had an attitude along the lines of "If you like it, fine. If you don't, that's even better!"

But of course, that's not everyone, is it? If we are scaring kids away from the guitar, that's not good.

(One could make a case about us being some sort of trial by fire: if a kid is going to be put off from playing guitar just because some guys on a forum don't think much of Nirvana, then that kid should really take up some other activity because he obviously loved the image and not the guitar per se.

But then again, it's bad enough playing God, it's even worse playing Him in hindsight to excuse our collective boorishness, right? And anyway, they're only kids)

Tell P. Diddy he sucks? Sure, that wold get to the root of the problem. How can I tell him? I doubt his phone number is out there and I bet he doesn't answer his own e-mails. And I'm sure that lots of people with more media clout than me on this forum have already said in no uncertain terms that "I'll Be Missing You" sucked. But I'm sure P. Diddy can't hear them over the sound of his cash register.

So yeah, you've made some fair points, but a) if kids are always the same, they probably thought we were a bunch of morons and moved on. And no, I can't tell the people that make the crap music to shut up, and not buying their records just means that someone else will buy them. So telling kids "Kid, that music sucks" is about all I can do.

Before I finish this post though, I want to point out that the people I'm REALLY pissed off with are not the Nirvanas or the Nickelbacks of this planet because at least they're making honest music by the sweat of their brows. I'm not pissed off at the Pussycat Dolls (or any of them) because someone actually wrote some original songs for them. I AM pissed off when someone recycles other people's music and passes it off as their own.

Am I angry at Led Zep over doing just that? No, not really because at least they didn't actually rip off people's melodies.

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Originally posted by Xplorer:

I should add...

If you don't suck, that's bad.

Hmmm...paraphrasing Chris Rock, are we? :P
No dude, that's all me.

We might end up needing a 'bad' thread to go along with the 'suck' thread.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Darklava, I was going to say "who's that hot guitar babe in your Avatar??!!" Until I realized it's no babe, it's Frikkin Ritchie Kotzen.

http://www.richiekotzen.com/images/galleryPhotos/4_9665_1131839696.jpg

Man THAT really sucks! :mad:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Originally posted by miroslav:

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

Yep you have named 3 songs I despise :D lol

Well that's OK...but if you get past the songs...McCartney's vocals were quite good.
Nooooooo!!! :D I think I have a general thing about Paul McCartney where I find it hard to get past how I feel about the guy to see his music for what it is. Which is why I posted it in the sucks thread rather than arguing with Hound Dog about it :)

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

I think I have a general thing about Paul McCartney where I find it hard to get past how I feel about the guy to see his music for what it is.

Well, I feel the same way too. I keep thinking that anyone that wrote stuff like Penny Lane must have lots of good in him, but I can't stand anything he's done since... well, it must be about thirty years or so now.

Archived