Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buckethead

S_O_A_D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"but watch his fingers move in different directions at the same time to create something musical and tell me if yours can move that way!"

Ok, I will, yes mine can move that way and so can allot of other players, wanna see a good example of them moving that way, play some two tone melodic triads of Dicke Betts licks and they will have to move that way..it's old stuff but great stuff alright.

I am ignorant of Buckethead other than the shredder video someone posted a couple weeks ago. He was one of the few guys that I thought was cool. I think his image is brilliant. He can hide behind the mask and play!

I was impressed with his approach on the shredder video but it only showed a small section. He started to play a bunch of fast licks and then I thought it got too repetitive sounding. But that is only 1 small part. I remember almost masterbating and killing myself at the same time when I saw Guthrie Govan.. That guy makes any guitarist want to rob a bank, shit on the neighbors lawn, tickle a yak, spit on a camel, throw shit at the fan, hand out mashed potatoes/gravy on halloween, etc.

How can you dis anyone who has recorded with George Clinton? If they did any live shows, could you imagine bucket head along side the dude in the diapers and the other guy dressed like the nun?

Definitely a dynamite player.

Yes I have been to buckethead land. Pretty intriguing and it draws you in

Hello all,

This is my first entry in this forum (or any forum

actually). Sorry for getting to this topic so late, but I'd like to comment on Buckethead. I have 3 or 4 of his cds, and really enjoy MOST of

what he does. Some of it leaves me a little flat.

Having said that, I will also say that "Monsters And Robots" is one heck of an awesome album! For anyone who hasn't checked BH out yet, I think this would be a fun place to start. Guaranteed!

Plus, Les Claypool and Brain are all over it. I own over 600 cds, mostly guitar rock, and this is

easily one of my favorite.

Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

I demand pictorial evidence for the rest, if you can be bothered to let us see it. Pretty please? :D

There you go :) !

Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image (those pics were taken on film and got scanned so the quality is not ideal).

And here are more pics showing Buckethead palying his guitar, flying his robot and a closeup of his white customized Les Paul.

As you can see we were very close to the action (we were actually leaning on the front of the stage). That was an awesome show.

Archived