Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joe Pass & Roy Clark

pauldil

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Hey Paul!

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it later.

Between the family obligations and the icy weather last night there wasn't any time to get together. Maybe next time. (Sorry I didn't call.)

No problem, Neil! We'll get together yet :wave:

Paul

Thanks, pauldil! :cool:

What I've been able to get to load (s l o o o w 56k modem ISP connection), I've really enjoyed. All three of those guys are incredible players, and it's great to see as well as hear them.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by ellwood:

Originally posted by Bluesape:

You'll notice they're mostly sitting down while playing, but always use the strap.

See, they did pay attention to what I told them!! :D
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif

That's cuz they respect their elders!

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

That was awesome!

Even though I don't really like country music, I grew up watching Hee Haw just to watch Roy Clark and Grandpa Jones jam! Well... the girls were hot too!

Don't need to say anything about Joe Pass. I already know he's great.

Wow.

But, it looks like it's almost an hour long. I watched the first tune "Hey, Good Lookin'" and it began pausing to buffer. I'd like to buy that on DVD. That cooks! When was it recorded? I'm guessing late 80s.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I remember an old episode of "The Odd Couple" with Roy Clark guesting. He was unbelievable - switching from guitar to banjo to violin and playing everything from Bluegrass to Vivaldi. I've been a fan of both of these guys forever. I never knew that they recorded together. Thanks again, Paul!

Thanks for the link! I didn't know Roy Clark :o but was almost moved seeing Joe Pass playing, watching his fingers moving effortlessy on the fretboard, even hearing his voice... and at the same time thinking that he is now dead.
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Hey Paul!

Between the family obligations and the icy weather last night there wasn't any time to get together. Maybe next time. (Sorry I didn't call.)

That's why I moved from Massachussetts to South Carolina; and then from (Morristown) Tennessee back to South Carolina :P I'm JUST over the border in North Carolina now :cool:

btw Paul, thanks for the link :thu:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I keep a Strat handy on a stand for noodling and exercises, but watching this pair prompted me to dig my 175 out and attempt to follow along audibly. I have a feeling I'll be somewhat older by the time I can do justice to this project, but the 175 is gonna be on a stand next to the Strat from here on in. I was working out "Same Old Blues", by Don Nix, on the Strat, but with the TV on for Juanita's questionable sanity, some of the passing chords didn't quite sound right. One dance on the 175, and it all cleared up. My point: no matter how familiar fingerings become, ya still gotta hear what's going on. :thu:
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by pauldil:

Hey Paul!

No problem, Neil! We'll get together yet :wave:

Paul

Someday. :(;)

I'm loving this link. They're both fantastic.

I've mentioned my sheer luck in catching Joe Pass at a jazz club on the ground floor of a hotel on Michigan Ave, 15 or 16 years ago when I was leaving a late college class at Columbia College. It was magical to see Joe, solo and as part of a trio. The upright bass and drums rhythm section were local union players and Joe loved them. It showed in the interplay and Joe's willingness to let them take extended improv forays and he said as much afterward. The sad part was he couldn't afford to take them on tour.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived