Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Anybody see the movie Trekies?

comacoda

I loved the Star Trek themed bands! :D

I could totally see myself in a Star Trek band.

Klingon Throck to Romulan New-grass? So many genres! :thu:

What kind of Star Trek band would you perform in?

Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to directed to anyone here, but i think it was compact diss who use to have the missing childrens bits in his sig and one story said something like 7 outta 10 pedophiles are trekies? Close to that anyway, like i said that just came to mind when i read trekies.

But no ive never seen the movie, its probably entertaining though, how into it the fans get. I always thought the show was kinda boring though.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I would dress up like Shatner and do spoken word versions of rap songs... :freak:

Isn't "rap" just spoken word already? I don't recall any "rap" songs with singing in them. Or am I off base here?

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom:

I would dress up like Shatner and do spoken word versions of rap songs... :freak:

Isn't "rap" just spoken word already? I don't recall any "rap" songs with singing in them. Or am I off base here?
(That's the joke- kinda like "reconstituted water"... )

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

No your absolutely right, its just a reference for all those forumites who watch Futurama.

LINK

YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by Scatterbrain:

But no ive never seen the movie, its probably entertaining though, how into it the fans get. I always thought the show was kinda boring though.

Yeah, me too.

I sort of watch it every day (it's on before the news) and have never understood what people see in it.

I've sat through two different programs now, "Deep Space 9" (?) and the one with the hot looking Vulcaness but I still can't understand why people like the shows. I don't like the films with Picard much either.

Maybe the 1960s show was better?

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

(snapping fingers)

THAT'S right- it was a Fryism; I knew it was that, or Family Guy...

I watch Futurama a good bit. The one where Zap Brannigan does his bit on stage (or is there more than one -- can't remember) is a swipe at Shatner I'm sure.

According to Billy West (the voice of Fry and Prof Farnsworth) they will be making four new episodes of Futurama this summer (got this from one of the bumpers of "Adult Swim" where they show Futurama on the Cartoon Network). The bumper says "movies" so I don't know if these are hour long instead of the normal half hour versions.

Born on the Bayou

I started watching that movie intending to sneer at the people in it. As I watched, however, I discovered that most of the Trekkies seemed to be very nice people who just happened to be very into show that tackled a wide variety of societal issues and got several people more interested in math, science, and technology than which white trash boytoy Britney's shacking up with this week. If these people seem to go a little overboard in their devotion at times, so what? At least they're obsessing about something with some substance, not some crappy reality show. Also, as an unashamed music and history geek, I'm not in any position to throw any stones anyhow.

According to Billy West (the voice of Fry and Prof Farnsworth) they will be making four new episodes of Futurama this summer (got this from one of the bumpers of "Adult Swim" where they show Futurama on the Cartoon Network). The bumper says "movies" so I don't know if these are hour long instead of the normal half hour versions.

Four straight-to-DVD movies are planned, I think Family Guy or some other cartoon did something similar after it was originally cancelled?

More Zoidberg, HURRAH!!!!

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

I started watching that movie intending to sneer at the people in it. As I watched, however, I discovered that most of the Trekkies seemed to be very nice people who just happened to be very into show that tackled a wide variety of societal issues and got several people more interested in math, science, and technology than which white trash boytoy Britney's shacking up with this week. If these people seem to go a little overboard in their devotion at times, so what? At least they're obsessing about something with some substance, not some crappy reality show. Also, as an unashamed music and history geek, I'm not in any position to throw any stones anyhow.

People go completely overboard in devotion to sports teams and bands and nobody bats an eye-lid, there's nothing wrong with this (I'm not even going to entertain the paedophile statistic :rolleyes: )...
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Archived