Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

overdrive for Gibson 347

Moonfish

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Moonfish:

I'm finding the better overdrive and distorsion pedal for my Gibson es347 ......semi hollow body, a rare guitar but it's like a 335, but the wood is maple, not mahogany.

Le habita vicino Milano? Poteve provare altro pedals?

Que tipo di pedal aveve provate?

I haven't written in Italian in fifteen years . . . So, I apologize in advance if I make no sense.

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

I used a Rat into a Tube Screamer into a fender amp with great results. The combination of both at a fairly low gain got rid of the raspiness of the rat and had a smooth sustain. The 347 also came with a coil tap switch ( both pickups). Its not a bad guitar but heavy as a Les Paul.

My ES-347 is and '83 and it was substantially more than $347. It was around $1100. What surprises me is that until recently, these guitars haven't really gone up in price much. They are still less than a new ES-335.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

He's confusing "finding" with "looking for".

If you change them around it all makes sense. Oh, and the diff between "better" and "best" isn't really clear in Italian.

Vinny:

Scrivi proprio bene per uno che non lo fà da 15 anni.

Vince.

Grazia tante! Mie genitore sono da il province di Frozinone. Io ho nascato nell US. Ho studiato l'Italiano a l' universita.

Many great overdrive or distortion pedals out there. I have two in my pedal chain; a B.K. Butler Blue Tube for my dirty sound, and a Bixonic Expandora which I use for lead boost. I'm pretty happy with that arrangement.

Whatever you choose, make sure you can vary the tone. A maple bodied guitar will likely have a brighter, tighter tone than, say, a mahogany body, like a SG or Les Paul Special.

vc

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Archived