Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

just a dumb question

Connally

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, sometimes I have to admit I call out on some of Elwoods posts. But I do respect his opinion and his playing. He does tend to invite controversy. I think most of it is light hearted, even though some people may take offense. I try not to be out right rude, but more just playing around with differing opinions.

Originally posted by Connally:

Do you guys ever go around in these forums just to give the other musicians a hard time?

All in good fun though. I could never make fun of anyone, but like kinda busting their balls? just curious if you guys do that here.

If not its all good.

Dallas

Just exactly what do you mean by that? :mad:

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Do you guys ever go around in these forums just to give the other musicians a hard time?

All in good fun though. I could never make fun of anyone, but like kinda busting their balls? just curious if you guys do that here.

If not its all good.

Dallas

I don't think I've ever seen a regular from here doing that sort of thing, but if you watch carefully and scan enough forums you may see this kind of thing happening.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

Hey Dallas:

Post some of you stuff on Echos of Terra so we can listen. Cool website too.

We also have a sticky thread where we post our work for everyone to hear.

actually I am getting a soundclick page going, soley for this board. If you want to hear the old stuff, www.myspace.com/ecto1 you can hear a few tunes there, but that is nothing like what we play now. If you do go, listen to lillitu best one in my opinion!

Dallas

This place is so friendly and supportive. I'm really heavy into surfing (not internet surfing...BIG waves in the ocean surfing), and frequent a surfer forum....that place is nasty! I'd say 50% of the post are trolls, I've yet to see a positive response to any question of any sort, and guys bury pretty much any comment you make. It took some getting used to but now it's all in good fun, kind of jumping into a mosh pit.
www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

We do bust each other's chops, but I haven't seen any real venom and spite... apart from one reference to "rattlesnake bit the baby, tra la la".

Actually there was a rock band named Venom if I remember correctly; me, personally, I can be a carping churl on occasion, or a "cranky old man" as I recently heard it put, but try to stop short of actual venom...

What exactly, is a troll? (And now someone will surely put up a picture of me as a definition!)

A troll is someone who posts something, either a response or a question, just to illicite negative responses, typically pretending to be someone they are not.

For example: "I think SRV was a poser and Clapton sucks, what do you all think?"

Of course, I idolize Stevie and think Clapton is a deity on the axe, but you see what I mean?

Check out http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=898454&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1 for a laugh.

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

No, not at all. We are actually looking for someone who can carry a tune. Its just hard to find a vocalist who actually doesnt have too much of an ego. The three of us have been playing together for years and we've all known each other for even longer. we are tight and we get along very well. we havent been able to find someone that can fit into our group without problems, but then we are kinda nit-picky.

Dallas

joking around is as far as it gets with me. I hate when people come here and spam the board and ill give them shit about it, but thats the only time. I respect the other boards, not only cause thats how i am, but say i did make some twisted thread in the bass forum...theyd get pissed at us and if i ever had a question for them they would probably never help me out...

Ok guys, the sound clips are up!

www.purevolume.com/echoesofterra

We currently do not have a singer.

Nice work Connally! I liked it very much indeed! I can hear the beginnings of what could easily be a motion picture sound track..tell your guys they did a great job on both tunes...LEE :thu:

Archived