Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What kind of music do you wish there was more of?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There needs to be more music, less marketing. Marketing being all that crap that you see in MTV and MuchMusic with a paltry few exceptions. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find good music...I can't name any specific style, because I like almost everything.

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

[quote]Originally posted by Soundcrafter: [b]There needs to be more music, less marketing. Marketing being all that crap that you see in MTV and MuchMusic with a paltry few exceptions. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find good music...I can't name any specific style, because I like almost everything.[/b][/quote]AMEN!! CAN I GET AN AMEN FOR THIS BROTHER!!!
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Seamus O'Tedster: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Soundcrafter: [b]There needs to be more music, less marketing. Marketing being all that crap that you see in MTV and MuchMusic with a paltry few exceptions. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find good music...I can't name any specific style, because I like almost everything.[/b][/quote]AMEN!! CAN I GET AN AMEN FOR THIS BROTHER!!![/b][/quote]AMEN!!!! HALLELUIAH!!!!

[quote]Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows: [b]Dub, experimental, psychedelic, folk, and old-school funk.[/b][/quote]Yeah, Buddy! /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

less poop(er, pop), more funk less dancing, more solos less divas, more team players less MTV, more BET Jazz do that, and I'd be in heaven

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

[quote]Originally posted by Soundcrafter: [b]There needs to be more music, less marketing. Marketing being all that crap that you see in MTV and MuchMusic with a paltry few exceptions. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find good music...I can't name any specific style, because I like almost everything.[/b][/quote]Same here...Like Duke Ellington used to say, there's only good and bad music.

I may get in trouble here, but I think most rap needs to just go away. It might be different if the lyrics and subject matter changed every once in awhile, but now it just bugs me. I'd like to hear more jazz and stuff like acapella, and African drumming. And I would like more good female artists.

I wish there were more street music that is representative of a certain area.. As an example Like Wash, Md, Va = GoGo. Any kind of music would be fine, as long as it is a part of that area's local culture..
TROLL . . . ish.

[quote]Originally posted by starcam03: [b]Do you ever feel like there’s not enough of a type of music you like? What kind of music do you think there is too much of ~ and what should they replace it with?[/b][/quote]More Classical Music Please! Where are todays Beethovens, Bhrams, and Bachs?
This way, no, wait, that way!

More fabricated, marketing-generated pop -- coated with white powdered sugar -- and performed by computerized music-making systems while plastic, factory-generated pretty people pretend to perform it. Oh, no wait, we already have plenty of that... --Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

[quote]Originally posted by mikegrijak: [b]More Classical Music Please! Where are todays Beethovens, Bhrams, and Bachs?[/b][/quote]You know... that's an excellent point... I hadn't thought of that. We don't really have any good classical music. Or if it is out there, we don't have access to it. I'd like someone to come in a be the next girl group. We had the go-go's and bangles, and the dixie chicks awhile ago, but I think there should be a younger group. Maybe Lillix will do it. They are finally becoming popular. (http://www.maverickrc.com/lillix/ if you have no idea who I'm talking about). And I'd like more jazz like Diana Krall and maybe even Norah Jones. And variations on trip-hop/trance as well.

[quote]Originally posted by mikegrijak: [b]More Classical Music Please! Where are todays Beethovens, Bhrams, and Bachs?[/b][/quote]Yes, I agree with you, we do need more contemporary classical composers. I have a CD somewhere around here with Aaron Copland songs on it, don't know who performed it. But yes, I guess that is more symphonic than classical.

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

I’d like more dub...a dub with a foundation in that which has come before, but one that also reflects the fact that it is 2003...a dub that is electronic and psychedelic and deep. I’d like some tasty art-rock that would be informed by punk sensibilities, but would also transcend its limitations...and know that it was not prog. I want a music that fuses afro-cuban jazz and drum ‘n’ bass...neckbones and homefries on Methanex! :D I’d love more minimal electroacoustic stuff a la the last two Talk Talk albums or Mark Hollis’s solo work. I want more British power-pop...because I just can’t get enough of it. ;) I’d like to see nu-skool breakbeat discover old-school funk and deliver breaks that would move one’s ass. I’d like some modern gospel, a gospel informed by post-postmodern thought and psychedelic exploration...a gospel where god is unified field theory, phenethylamines and morphic resonance, all expressed in glorious song with no irony.
Go tell someone you love that you love them.

There's lots of good music out there. I just wish there was less crap to wade thru to find it. :D
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

I'd like to hear more of kind of music this band makes http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/171/lunatic_thirteens.html and more music in the vein of Dead Can Dance, Vas, Badawi and the like. World fusion. :)
S.K. Evans | Animus Mundi | Nuendo 3.01, 3 WinXP SP1 machines (p4 3.0, 2.4 Celeron, 2.4 Celeron), Fxteleport, RME Multiface, 2 UAD cards

Archived