Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"sports night" on CC

anyone watch this? i dont, i cant stand the show, but this morning i turned the tube on and it just so happened that the opening of this show was on. there they were, the twin towers in the opening theme song. kind of creepy. i dont know how i feel about that yet. it was weird seeing the WTC as if nothing had happened.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by coaster: [b] there they were, the twin towers in the opening theme song. kind of creepy. i dont know how i feel about that yet. [/b][/quote] You might have been exposed to a lot of this in the past week. There are many off-network sitcoms that take place in NY: Seinfeld, Friends, Spin City, Mad About You. It's common to use shots of the NY skyline or NYC street scenes as bumpers to segue between scenes. Any image that includes the WTC will certainly be edited out from future airings. But, how are we going to feel about seeing old movies that include the NYC skyline as we knew it on Sept. 10?

Don't edit it out. While I'm not going to watch "The Seige" or many other DVDs I own for awhile, I don't see long term editing of the WTC images does anything positive. They were damn impressive building were far more impressive tenants. I'd rather remember them.

Archived