Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yesterday I couldn't spell Bass Player

Dak Lander

Now I are one. :D

I posted on the guitar fourm a couple of days ago & thought I'd better start stopping by here more often. Got lots to learn again.

"I have a great friend who really liked my Guild D4 so I gave it to him a couple of months ago. He came over this last Saturday with the bass guitar below and a soft shell case. It's been thirty years since I owned a bass and have wanted one so I can add real bass lines to some of my tunes. Now I have one.

I know the Guild is probably worth more but I didn't play it often because I didn't like the neck so I feel like I got the better deal. :D

http://daklander.com/pics/bass01.jpghttp://daklander.com/pics/bass02.jpg

Squier Precision Bass."

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by daklander:

Now I are one. :D

I posted on the guitar fourm a couple of days ago & thought I'd better start stopping by here more often. Got lots to learn again.

"I have a great friend who really liked my Guild D4 so I gave it to him a couple of months ago. He came over this last Saturday with the bass guitar below and a soft shell case. It's been thirty years since I owned a bass and have wanted one so I can add real bass lines to some of my tunes. Now I have one.

I know the Guild is probably worth more but I didn't play it often because I didn't like the neck so I feel like I got the better deal. :D

http://daklander.com/pics/bass01.jpghttp://daklander.com/pics/bass02.jpg

Squier Precision Bass."

So Dak, now that you have been promoted to the upper echelon (the lowdowners), you had better change your avatar to reflect same.. :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Originally posted by Sir forceman 432:

So Dak, now that you have been promoted to the upper echelon (the lowdowners), you had better change your avatar to reflect same.. :)

Yeah, I'll have to look into that for a bit. My main gig is still acoustic solo though.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Welcome to the darkside.

Sweet lightsaber.

(it sounded better in my head) :(

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Count me in to the fold. I'm considering myself in your ranks, Dak...as I'm pretty much fed up with other musicians. Or, they're fed up with me. Or both. Mainly a schedule thing, I reckon...

So, I'm recording backing tracks. Rhythm guitar, backing vocals, and bass. Then, I'm putting 'em on an iPod. Covers, originals, the whole nine yards, and I'm gonna play along live. No drums, will keep more of the solo acoustic vibe that way. But, it's making me examine my bass chops a bit more fully. And, I'm having a blast.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Dak - welcome !!!

I'm not a guitar player, but from having talked to many I know that it's tempting to just "cover the bottom". The playing mechanics are not so different from guitar, so it's easy to consider it an extension of the guitar. For some music that's OK. I want to encourage all the "primarily guitarists" to give the bass some time in terms of coming up with parts. Start humming the bass parts when you listen to music - it will help you "think in bass".

Enjoy the low end !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived