Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Small DAWless setups, cheap add-ons.

Got my Circuit Tracks today. Have not tried it yet. Got it charging to prepare for a 6 hour trip in the morning. I really like the update and the inclusion of 2 MIDI channels in the updated sequencer. Trying to think of things to pair with it. I've got Roland Boutiques but I hate jumping through hoops with the interface. Why couldn't they just put regular outputs and power on them? Anyway, it seems like everything else that is small, cheap and knobby is also mono analog. I'm trying to find some units that are at least 4 part poly with a filter for each voice. Any suggestions?

One thing I will make use of is my Waldorf Streichfett String Synthesizer. This thing takes me back to 1979 when I was using a Arp Omni II. Pair it with the Roland SE-02 and I have a mimic of my first keyboard rig. Small, cheap and interesting. Just what I am looking for.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roland MC-101 can receive on 4 MIDI channels (multitimbral) , has 128-voice polyphony, fairly low price, and a small physical footprint. Sound engine is Zen-Core. Filters sound great to me but that's subjective of course.

Main downside is you need Zenology Pro for deep sound editing. The MC-101's onboard knobs and stuff are for quick tweaks like filter cutoff and other usual quick-edit stuff.

It was very recently updated, although most of the updates seem to be on the groovebox side of the 101 rather than the synthesis side.

[video:youtube]