Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK Multimedia Total Studio 3 MAX

They feel it competes with NI's Komplete...

"Total Studio MAX 3 packs a staggering 14,600 instruments across the SampleTank 4 MAX, Hammond B-3X, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, MODO Drum and MODO Bass plug-ins. You also get the full version of Syntronik Deluxe, which is a massive collection of sampled vintage synthesizers. All in all, the size of the library has more than doubled to over 440 gigabytes.

For mixing and mastering, the bundle includes no less than 487 effects, ranging from the popular AmpliTube 5 MAX for all your guitar and bass needs to the T-RackS 5 MAX mastering suite, MixBox, ARC 3 and Lurssen Mastering Console. This means that you not only get a huge selection of creative effects for production, but also a full mixing and mastering environment and even a room correction system. They weren"t kidding when they said 'complete'.

To help you get started with this huge collection, IK Multimedia says that they"ve included thousands of presets. Total Studio 3 MAX also includes a new IK Product Manager application, which handles the installation and authorization process and keeps everything up to date."

$899.99 https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrades at $499.

I've got Total Studio 2 MAX but have separate licenses for MODO Bass and Hammond B3X, so I'm not seeing the option to merge all of that into a Total Studio 3 license. Guess I could put those up for sale to offset the cost.

I make software noises.

• 5 months later...

I have quite a bit of IK software and by now I am feeling overwhelmed by plugins in general. The "buy one, get umpty bajillion" offer is great if you want or need it, I've done it before and picked up 10 free plugins.

Aren't they going to run it into September if they get to 10 free plugins by the end of August? I'll take that chance and am still not sure if I want in or not this time around.

Lately, I've been acquiring specific bits of gear and instruments so I can make things sound "real" going in. Could just be another phase but I am intentionally seeking out good sounding devices with simple controls and finding I enjoy using my fingers to adjust sounds. I recently got a nice hi-hat stand and a pair of Paiste 802+ hi hat cymbals are on their way. I've got MODO Drum and it's very good but I want to hit stuff!!!! :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Man, I love a good deal and the group buy is indeed bananas as far as value.

I simply don't have a need for enough of their stuff, and money is still money. I've proven that good deals lead to me having a zillion plugins that I rarely use! I have b-3x already for ipad and it's great but I really can't justify it for my mac. Is it better than Logic's organ? Sure.

The current group buy appears to be doing well. They keep emailing that they"re up to 6 for 1, 7 for 1, etc. etc. Wether that"s true or not doesn"t matter, they seem to be successfully inspiring daily sales over the course of the month, working toward a good quarter. Only a few things in the batch I"d like to have. But if I take the plunge, lots of other things to toy with.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Looks like they've reached their happy place to keep going through September. 10 free if you buy 1 right now.

I still don't see anything I really want and nothing I really need. I already have lots of IK plugins though. If you don't, this is quite a deal.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

In my view Syntronik is not the reason to join this deal, and I find Sampletank overall very hit and miss (and crash-prone on my Win10 PC). There are just better synth offerings out there, with far more sonic control than what a sample playback engine offers.

I would more heartily recommend MODO Bass and MODO Drum, B3X, Amplitube, and a good many of the Tracks effects.

I make software noises.