Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boards I�ve never seen.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is cool - god I wish I had a whole spare room to collect stuff like that :thu:

eventually it gets old, just like the keyboards. Rule of thumb, it's easier to buy stuff than to sell stuff.

True but I wanna learn the hard way :D

Russian 80s thing.

Syntheizer Vilnius 3 80s Made In USSR

https://reverb.com/item/33800801-syntheizer-vilnius-3-80s-made-in-ussr

I want the Lell 22:

https://reverb.com/item/33711290-lell-22-soviet-analog-polyphonic-synthesizer-1984

We need a real soviet synth expert to explain all these. Pretty impressive the variety which were produced, in a country which considered Rock and Roll a capitalist plot. But they were great at making copies of western designs, like the B-29 which was copied in a very short time once they forced a few down. But the Russians had many original designs as well, like the IL-2, which was the most feared close combat support ground attack aircraft in WW2, and possibly the most produced of any aircraft in the period. The T-34 tank completley surprised the Germans and was by far the most advanced design in the world when it appeared.

[video:youtube]

Germans soon copied the sloped armor and added radios and better guns, but none of the great german tanks of the later war could be produced in numbers that could really help. The T-34 could be made in a tractor factory.

All things Soviet have been studiously ignored in the west.

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

Nice looking keyboard - I'm sure folks were russian to get one when it first came out.

Not so sure about that. I"d guess most kept these frivolous type expenses in czech.

Your puns need more polish.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Actually I came very close to owning a vintage Soviet analog monosynth. It was gifted to me by a friend in Russia who hand-carried it to New York, handed it off to a friend, who shipped it to me and had it stolen along the way because he'd cheaped out on shipping and sent it without a tracking number.

I still want one of those hideous Formanta keytars.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music