Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Best way to record a podcast using my Mac?
#3034958 03/25/20 04:49 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, I know its possible to record podcasts with GarageBand, however, I've never given it a try before. I've seen the option on the latest version of GarageBand for OS X though, and other VoiceOver users have used it before, so it's accessible to my understanding.
I am setting someone up who has no DAW experience with something for them to record and edit their podcast.

Re: Best way to record a podcast using my Mac?
Sophia Lee #3034960 03/25/20 05:10 AM
Platinum Member
Online Content
Platinum Member
Did you try surfing YouTube for a tutorial? I've learned all sorts of things there.

It should work fine. I haven't used GarageBand in a LONG time and don't remember much except the basics are easy to learn. Cheers, Kuru

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
Sophia Lee #3034961 03/25/20 05:15 AM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by Sophia Lee
I am setting someone up who has no DAW experience with something for them to record and edit their podcast.

GarageBand is probably as good a choice as any. It's ubiquitous in the Mac ecosystem, so there should be plenty of tutorials. It's probably easiest to just ignore all the virtual instruments stuff, stick with recording/editing audio, and go for it.

I know quite a few podcasters who like to use Audacity. It's free and from what I understand, easy to use because it's audio only. It might be worth giving it a spin to see what you think.

Anderton #3034994 03/25/20 02:27 PM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by Anderton
I know quite a few podcasters who like to use Audacity. It's free and from what I understand, easy to use because it's audio only. It might be worth giving it a spin to see what you think.

Audacity IMO is worth every penny. thu smile

A reason why I collect old keyboards is that I feel partly responsible for doing it, responsible for preserving history and being a custodian for these things
Plus, old gear has a story. I like that.
Sophia Lee #3035074 03/26/20 12:04 AM
10k Club
10k Club
Hi Sophia! I did a post a little while back on this (LINK) and the short answer is yes, Garageband works great. Happy to answer any specific questions if you like smile

Moderated by  David Holloway 

Link Copied to Clipboard