Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, I know its possible to record podcasts with GarageBand, however, I've never given it a try before. I've seen the option on the latest version of GarageBand for OS X though, and other VoiceOver users have used it before, so it's accessible to my understanding.
I am setting someone up who has no DAW experience with something for them to record and edit their podcast.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Did you try surfing YouTube for a tutorial? I've learned all sorts of things there.

It should work fine. I haven't used GarageBand in a LONG time and don't remember much except the basics are easy to learn. Cheers, Kuru

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by Sophia Lee
I am setting someone up who has no DAW experience with something for them to record and edit their podcast.

GarageBand is probably as good a choice as any. It's ubiquitous in the Mac ecosystem, so there should be plenty of tutorials. It's probably easiest to just ignore all the virtual instruments stuff, stick with recording/editing audio, and go for it.

I know quite a few podcasters who like to use Audacity. It's free and from what I understand, easy to use because it's audio only. It might be worth giving it a spin to see what you think.

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Online Content
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Originally Posted by Anderton
I know quite a few podcasters who like to use Audacity. It's free and from what I understand, easy to use because it's audio only. It might be worth giving it a spin to see what you think.

Audacity IMO is worth every penny. thu smile

"Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best!"
Frank Zappa
10k Club
10k Club
Hi Sophia! I did a post a little while back on this (LINK) and the short answer is yes, Garageband works great. Happy to answer any specific questions if you like smile

Moderated by  nursers 

Link Copied to Clipboard