Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Headphones you use?

Sennheiser fan boy here. I have HD600's and HD280's. And, I'm considering of buying the Sennheiser Momentum wireless ear buds. As per internet reviews they sound better than Apple iPod pros. I'm also a Apple fan boy so the iPods would make perfect sense from ecosystem standpoint but then again, as per reviews the Sennheiser ear pods sound better.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty skeptical at first, but people here and on other forums informed me massdrop is legit.

You might not be able to order them right away is the thing, since it's a group buy. With that headphone (and the Senn 650 they sell, which is a bit more) there are so many people buying that it shouldn't take too long.

I got my 600s that way too. They are super comfortable. They take a bit more db to power than most closed backs. Iphone usable at max.

Yes, good point...always check the impedance on headphones and review to make sure you can drive them. I was a bit concerned about the 600s but they have been just fine with my audio interface and casual laptop use.

AKG K371

KZ AS10

KZ ZS10

I'm getting ready to sell two pair of Beyerdynamic DTs.

A quick update here:

I was tracking for two days at Blackbird in Nashville last week. I brought my AKG K371s to A/B against whatever Blackbird provided. When I rolled into the keyboard room, they had a set of Audio Technica ATH-M40x near the piano and a set of ATH-M50x over by the Hammond & Wurly. I spent my time swapping between the M50x and M40x while tracking, and listening through my K371s during the playbacks.

My conclusion:

Both sets of the Audio Technica sets absolutely murdered by K371s at a fraction of the cost. Of the two varieties of Audio Technicas, I preferred the less expensive M40x to the M50x. While both of these sets are hyped, the M50x is a bit more hyped than the M40x.

I ordered a set of renewed M40x from Amazon after my first day of tracking.