Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reasonable price for CP4 and flight case ?

About 4 years ago I bought a CP4 and a flight case (I think Gator). Way too much weight. I had just retired. I never ended up in a band, but did end up playing solo. I don't need this monstrosity (referring to the hefty lift) and need to sell it. I have no presence on ebay and figure I may put it on Craigslist with the intent of selling it locally. I figure if I don't know the person I will meet them at a "safe zone" at a local police department. I am not looking to sell and ship to a murky unknown potential scammer.

So I need to ask what is a reasonable price for a mind CP4 and case.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your go-to strategy for this sort of thing is to look at historical sales on Reverb and eBay. You don't need to be a member on either site to get to the basics, although Reverb will give members more detail.

On eBay, look up the item you want to sell, then scroll down, watching the left side bar. You'll come to a box that says Sold. Tick that.

On Reverb, look for Price Guide in the upper right portion of your screen. Note that not all items are tracked. If you're a member on Reverb (free to join), you can get to prices on individual transactions going back for at least a year or two.

Just out of curiosity, where are you? I was looking for a CP4 for a while, then gave up for various reasons.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Hopefully this isn't too OT, but since a lot of you are talking about recent purchases of the CP4 (and the OP wants to sell his), how is it working for you? Are you using it as a stand-alone stage piano? As a controller? There's something to be said for buying the newest, most up-to-date gear available, but as I keep an eye out for my back-burner desire to upgrade from my 2010 Privia PX-3, I'm wondering how the seven-year-old CP4 stands up against newer digital gigging pianos. I've always felt like "if it's good enough for Chuck Leavell to use with the Rolling Stones, it must be pretty solid," and he was still using it with them as of 2019, but he also can afford to upgrade whenever he feels like it.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

My perspective might be a lot different than the real pros here, but I got my lightly used CP4 a couple years back as a be-all-end-all black slab stage piano with the best possible action, light enough to haul on city transit and small enough to cram into the corners of the bar gigs I play. It has worked perfectly on all counts. Since the action agrees with me so well, I"m not too worried about losing out to tone upgrades on newer boards - I can always hook it up to my tablet and improve the sound though VSTs like Pianoteq.

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3