Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mellotron quartet

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks interesting, however I'd rather see them strictly using real Mellotrons versus the new digital versions. And I don't quite get the description of "electro-mechanical plastic instrument." I owned two original Mellotrons and while there was a little plastic here and there, like the knobs, it was mostly wood and metal. But still it's a cool idea. It would be even better if they had one of the very first double manual Mellotons so they could use the rhythm tracks.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

The rhythm tracks are present on the second sound bank of Resch's instruments and an add-on M-Tron set, but I think it takes a brave soul to use them as anything but a bit of cheese. I've effected a few and gotten fun results from that. You're the boss as a previous real Mellotron owner, but considering the upkeep and the uphill climb of changing patches (heh), I'm pleased to see them using the digitals. Its not like I can't still hear the grain of the thing! Sure beats "We were going to play some 'tron, but the bouquet you see is not flowers; its the tape rack snarled into modern art." I liked what I heard and I'd buy that album on the spot. Brave souls.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"