Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ventilator II - back for "repair or exchange"

I bought it in Dec. '18, open box from Sweetwater. It has a problem on the low sensitivity setting, used for high-level instruments like my C2D. Once the level gets to about 100 mVRMS, a periodic ticking is heard in the audio that increases in intensity as the drive is increased. I have been using it on high sensitivity (guitars), which is okay, but requires me to keep the output level from the Nord set low to prevent overload and distortion. Coincidentally, the overload point (and LED illumination) on high-sensitivity also occurs at around 100 mVRMS.

Since I started using it, I have been using it with two DXR10s on a fork. While it's out for repair, I'll be using (and hauling) what it replaced, a modified 122. In some ways an easier schlep.

I was in conversation with Neo Instruments about it (Guido Kirsch), who said he hadn't heard of that problem before. I sent him some wav files. He replied that it sounded like it needed repair or exchange, so back it goes. I hope it doesn't take too long. I sort of like it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
It has been in repair for over six weeks with no status update. Maybe that's normal. I pinged Sweetwater a couple of times. They have "escalated the issue with management". That was a week ago. As it turns out, I prefer the Leslie on stage (no surprise there). If and when I get the Vent back, I'll reserve it for gigs with stairs or for feeds to FOH.

I got rid of mine. I really wasn't using it and use less organ now on certain gigs. Did they send it back to the manufacturer. Only reason I ask is sometimes Sweetwater is just a conduit for certain repairs. They are good don't get me wrong but I was wondering with your situation?

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I sent my original Vent for repair to Germany in April after I blew the input up by accident. It came back 6 weeks later. They repaired it free of charge! They didn't even charge for return shipping. I think they are a small company and very busy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem has been resolved.

Sweetwater replaced the demo unit with a new unit. I offered to pay the difference between the demo and the new. Sweetwater said no. The technical support staff even went so far as to test a new unit from stock before sending to me. There was quite a bit of personal attention to the problem by the Sweetwater staff.