Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DMC 122 Audition

Just officially pulled the trigger on a Mojo. It was a very difficult decision. It just seems that the Mojo is a better fit for my own use. Considering that 95% of the time I am playing Hammond, the excellent keyboard feel on the Mojo and the simple plug and play interface is just too irresistible.

Don't get me wrong, if I were playing in my old classic rock cover band, the DMC122 would be ideal. But I really don't need the pitch and mod wheels, or all the excellent sounds of the Gemini in my current bands.

So for those who do, I highly recommend the DMC 122 with the Gemini board. Kudos to Andrea and Guido for their inspired creations!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the vids I've seen, you have all the physical controls at you're disposal. There are so many of them I can see a problem with remembering what each thing does but you only have to use a computer/tablet to set it all up before heading out to your gig.

The drawbars for example are multifunctional. If you're not using them for organ they can be used as a mixer fading in and out other sounds. Max does this in one of the demo vids.

For me, this unit is becoming one of those "I really want this" things even though I certainly don't need it. It's just sooo cool.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Wow, Im really starting to gas for this too. However, I think I may wait until the Gemini standalone module is produced and use my Xk3c/xlk to control it.....patience my friend, patience...

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Wow, Im really starting to gas for this too. However, I think I may wait until the Gemini standalone module is produced and use my Xk3c/xlk to control it.....patience my friend, patience...

That will be an awesome combo!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• 4 years later...