Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#2889083 - 11/07/17 11:09 PM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Originally Posted By: whitefang

We could debate "pop" music(again!) till the cows come home and still settle nothing. It is after all, subjective and a matter of personal likes and dislikes. And the diversity of ages and tastes in this forum means any concensus on the topic will be hard to come by.
Whitefang

+1 We will never come to a consensus nor will we win another debate on "Pop" music...although, we were being asked for our opinions on popular music. cool

GP Island
#2889096 - 11/08/17 04:24 AM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
True. And notice.....

Our esteemed and clearly talented Newbie did find something positive to do with it. smile
Whitefang

#2889127 - 11/08/17 07:48 AM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Yeah I liked his playing along with the clean playing Epi LP guitar with some nice reverberated effects! Good on Ya BigMoney! thu

Edited by Larryz (11/08/17 07:50 AM)

#2889228 - 11/08/17 03:39 PM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Originally Posted By: Dannyalcatraz
As always, some pop I love, some I like, some I donít care about either way, some mildly dislike, and some I hate.

Thanks for , uh, clearing that up.... laugh

#2889231 - 11/08/17 03:53 PM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: Danzilla]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Originally Posted By: Danzilla
Originally Posted By: d
& some ppl think my clip postings lack context idk

And this time, it didn't. Good to see you CAN teach a new dog old tricks. :)p

Watch out, I'm barking right back yer back !!!
OOOOPS -- where I now ???
Originally Posted By: Danzilla

I'm not a fan of the original Taylor Swift song, but Big Money did a good job with it.

Pop music - or any kind of music - either you like it or you don't. The following song was recently the #1 song physical single seller in the UK for a couple of weeks. Is that enough for it to be a pop song? Or for it to translate to a slew of radio plays there, or anywhere else? Being an indie band I'll bet the latter is a no.

But couldn't it? Shouldn't it?

Marillion: Living in FEAR

"Wouldnt it?
Shouldnt it ?"
Heck, buddy, we got a great pop tune there already dont we ?
cool
Mary Lillion got a hard drum crack [great production, drawing onna a lotta stuff beyond the obvious w00t ] but I still gotta give the ranking here to Big Money's fingers !!

That's a cat !

#2889440 - 11/09/17 08:36 PM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: d]
Delta Offline

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
I'm showing my age here. My opinion, but I think pop music for the most part (there have been exceptions of course) hasn't been very impressive since the 70s. Once we got into the 80s it really started to become formulized and it has lost much of it's heart and soul. That being said, much of pop music in the 50s and early 60s was very formulized also. Once the late 60s and 70s arrived pop and rock blossomed together to create in my opinion the greatest decade of popular music ever. Did I mention that this was just my opinion? I don't want to offend anybody.

Edited by Delta (11/09/17 08:39 PM)

#2889479 - 11/10/17 04:09 AM Re: What is your opinion on popular music? [Re: Delta]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
If you're referring to the decade from , say, '67-'77, it doesn't offend ME, I might even say I agree.

Of course, there's always a bit of "bleeding" from one decade to another. Or, a "cusp" if you will.... wink
Whitefang

Edited by whitefang (11/10/17 04:10 AM)

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose