Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Famous Synth Patch Settings

podmed

I know we've all read "Where can I find Presets for .....?(fill in the blank).

But is there a place where there are a list with Oscillators/Waves/Filters, etc used in Famous Synth songs/patches?

Would be nice to be able just program it myself into my own Boards...

Nord Stage 3-88, Kronos 2-61, DSI OB-6, Roli Seaboards / Blocks, Crumar Seven / Mojo61, iOS apps, Arturia Lab 61...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably in many famous cases from Toto to Genesis, and from say Abba to Rick Ashley, and even more so from Kraftwerk to modern pop, a lot has happened in the production, so even if you'd have the golden Prophet or Fairlight patch, it may be you'd have to simulate a lot of effects and mixing tricks before you get the sound on the CD. It's an interesting idea to take modern computers, and try to also do that right. Like my fast I7 extreme workstation can already do some seriou saudio processing, maybe with attention it is possible to use samples from the Synclavier and get a production sound close to nice Disco hits or something, yet somehow even a DX-7 (although clearly a digital instruments) simulation usually doesn't give you the original DX7-II + eventide or so sound. At all, honestly, funny enough.

The well known synths of course will sound interesting with the actual hit-patches, I'd be interested, but I doubt the original artists/programmers are very willing to give them away..

T

Thanks! Ordered 2 books! Would be nice to have an online database!
Many of the soft synths like Minimonster and Sylenth 1 come with patches, or 3rd party patches are available that emulate classic synth sounds. Similar patches are available for hardware like Nords etc. But each synth has its own character so tweaking will always be needed to get close to how you hear each tone.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived