Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ellwood goes Rock-a-Billy!

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster Claus:

Originally posted by ellwood:

Thanks bud! the solo is in the mix petty good at least sounds like it here..but the MP3 conversion did take some fidelity away for sure. I think the guys did a great job on it bass and drums and vocal. We did that in two takes and I had two takes or well punch ins on the second lead part and tried to do some layers under the solo.

If anything, the fidelity is too good. Rockabilly and jump blues is best when it sounds like it's coming out of a cheap speaker from an AM radio in a '58 Cadillac...

Tasty stuff, mon frer... :thu:

Thanks Ted...hay I know a guy that has a nice old Caddy convert!! maybe he will let play that tune in it!!

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

That is difficult Lee, I hope everything falls in to place for you and your Mom.

My Dad fell in the snow the other day and was outside for 45 min with a spring jacket on. My Mom called 911 because she couldn't lift him. The paramedics said he may have frostbite on his hands. He was tested for Altzhiemers and he doesn't have it, yet he can't remember some simple things. It is frustrating for him.

Wow man that is scary for ya! good thing your mom found him out there! Well the test for Altzhiemers dimensia is pretty accurate so that is great he is ok that way, I have heard there a re things they can do to help with the memory if it is not Altzhiemers. Hope he will be ok with the frostbite!

Originally posted by pauldil:

Excellent playing, Lee! Your band is really tight. My Dad used to play the Woody Herman big band version all the time when I was a kid. I've always like this song.

Paul

Thanks pauldil! I LOVE the Woody Herman big band thing! its great and I saw Cab Calloway do a version of it too once! ya it's just a great jumpin tune and people really get up for it. If the singer and my guys would not have suggested it I probably would have not even thought of it...I'm glad they did though.

Archived