Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar / Bodily Accidents

Tone Taster

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a crazy accident thing for ya! One gig we had at a club named Alveros (14mile & Crooks Rd...for locals) had the main hall down stairs. The staircase was in two part a long first stage a landing then a shorter second set of steps. We had two young guys hauling and setting up our equipment and running cables etc. One of the young guys got the idea that it would be easier to roll the rollable equimpment down the stairs on a just wide enough little landing that followed the normal steps down. He had a few bungies tied to one of the handles on my Marshall B bottom and with his buddy where guiding the bottom down with him holding the hoodked together bungie chords. One of the metal pieces on the bungie gave loose and my bottom went tumbling down most of the stairwell and went completely through a drywall wall taking the metal backing studs with it. It ended up another floor down in a annex to the furnace,utility room!!!!!! They ran down and hauled it back up, put it on the stage, plugged it in and on with the show. It took both their profits from that nibht to pay to have the wall fixed . All that happened to my bottom was lots of white chalk dust and a broken swivel roller.

Archived