Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Effect loop on a Peavy Bandit 112

McRonald

Hello,

Some time ago I bought an Electro Harmonix Smallstone phaser which I would like to use with my Peavy Bandit 112 amplifier. The only problem is that I can't keep the same volume when switching on the effect.... I am an absolute beginner when it comes to playing with effects, but is there anybody who can help me out? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ronald

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FX loops are not meant to work with stompboxes - the input level is wrong. They are really intended for semi-pro rack units.

Your stomp box is best put into the guitar input.

Welcome to the forum.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by McRonald:

But now I am wondering how you are able to add more effects...

Just keep doing what you just did. Get more pedals and attach them between the guitar and the amp.

You can buy small leads that measure a couple of inches and are meant to hook up pedals in what's called a "signal chain".

Was that what you meant? :confused:

I mentioned the term "signal chain" not to be pedantic, but simply because there's a lot of threads on this subject (ie which FX pedal goes best before or after which other) It's a useful keyword.

You can look stuff up by using the "search" button near the top of the page. It's really small. took me ages to notice it! :D

Originally posted by MadStrum:

Does the FX loop bypass the preamp of the Bandit? I'm wondering if I can stick my GT2 (a preamp by itself) into the FX loop so that it won't sound so harsh.

Pier.

I have 3 amps with FX loops and they *all* bypass the preamp, although some amps let you choose, so give it a try & see what happens. Have a look at the instructions for the GT2, as it may have switchable settings (somehow) as it may not have enough output signal to drive the power side of the amp to a high level.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived