Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SSB on the Reso for 9/11

Ricochet

This is another take of my 9/11 commemorative "Star Spangled Blues" played on my Johnson Tricone resonator guitar, with metal fingerpicks and thumbpick and a Craftsman socket for a slide. Recorded September 10, 2005. It's got a few glitches in it, but I've got a houseful of teenagers coming over shortly and I'd never get a perfect take!

At any of these locations:

http://www.guitarchat.net/modules/Andromedia/Ricochet/StarSpangledBlues2.mp3

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=368088

http://www.electricmp3.com/main/bands/28/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really put some sad on that there, Ricochet...

Man, just listening to that, I can practically feel a reso in my hands! :cool:

I need to remedy that, so that I can ACTUALLY feel a (real) reso in my hands- whenever I want!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Yeah, I think you need to remedy that problem!

John Watts is an online friend of mine who runs a Net music store in Maryland, Coast to Coast Music. Here is their page of Johnson resos. I ordered a Style 1 Tricone from him a year and a half ago for my teacher, and he gave me a really good deal. The guitar and case are lovely. My older Johnson Tricone (one of the first Chinese made ones) needed a bit of upgrading, but the new one was perfect out of the box. If you call or E-mail John, he'll give you a lot better deal than the Johnson minimum advertised price on the website.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Oh, thanks! Thanks for the recommendation, Ricochet, that's swell of ya!

When I actually get around to it, chances are quite likely that I'll either put together a reso from parts that Stewart-MacDonald carries (check them out, just for the education!), or buy a resophonic guitar of one brand or another from nearby Ithaca Guitar Works here in NY State. They've always kept more reso's in stock (and a wide variety, vintage to new, entry-level to mighty pricey pro) than most shops, particularly for such a small store. Plus, their fabulous service and support and just plain coolness makes me feel a lot of loyalty; and I practically grew up haunting the place.

But- if nothing pans out there, and I want something that Coast to Coast Music carries, I'll DEFINITELY point my browser there first!

Thanks! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived