Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bigsby stories..

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've already put forth my issues with mine, still glad I have it, won't have another, unless, like this one, it comes with a beautiful old piece too gorgeous to pass up! That's how I got my ESP Strat, with a Floyd Rose and in shocking pink! Those 2 reasons were almost enough to pass on it, but the worn-in neck, ebony board, EMGs, and fire-sale price moved me to buy it. It now ranks as a top choice for gigging, never goes out of tune, plays like a possessed diety, and sounds HUGE! They even gave me a moulded Fender Strat case to see it leave the store! They don't know what a gem they had. If I lost it, I'd pay triple what I did to replace it.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by Bluesape:

"They don't know what a gem they had. If I lost it, I'd pay triple what I did to replace it."

Shhhhhhhhh- you'll start a trend, and the prices on axes like that'll go back up again, just like everything else! ;)

I understand there're some little tricks 'n' tweaks 'n' things to look for in the care and feeding of Bigsbys, though I've very little stick-time with them, myself. Much of the same that applies to a Strat-style should hold true with a Bigsby, like attention to the nut-slots and other points of contact along the string-path, a little thoughtfully applied lubricant, stuff like that. A rocking or roller bridge would likely help in most cases, too.

I have seen 'em on axes in stores with the strings contacting the back of a bridge, as well as the saddles. That's gonna put a kink in your hula, for sure.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived