Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are ya jealous?

surgevw

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't even heard Johnny A. yet; if I could catch a show of his, that would make it even better!

(I love hearing music in a live performance that I haven't heard before.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I haven't even heard Johnny A. yet

Well run right out now and buy his debut CD, "Sometime Tuesday Morning"! Think Chet Atkins meets Brian Setzer-meets George Harrison-meets Jim Hendrix. (actually the Hendrix thing is more apparent in his live show). Great instrumental guitar music. I haven't heard all of his second CD yet. I've seen him twice, once at the late-lamented Botton Line in NYC opening for Robben Ford and once at a free show in Asbury Pary as part of the first annual Guitar-beque.

Why are you still reading this? You should be runningout the door to buy his CD! :-)

[puts head in hands like Barbarino used to do] I'm so confused!

In the town that I grew up in there was a guitarist named Johnny A. circulating, not sure if he is the one who is "famous" now.

Several weeks ago I saw an article somewhere online that mentioned that "Johnny A. died".

Now I read here and find that "Johnny A." is doing shows and releasing new CD's and the whole shebang.

How many "Johnny A's" are there?

Ok... I have to thank surgevw for this thread. Wow! Johnny A. has a lot more of George Harrison and Mark Knopfler in his playing and composition from what I heard on the Favored Nation site. Damn, he just oozes style. (Probably should have that looked at. :freak:;):D )

I haven't been so excited about an instrumental performer in a long time. Have to buy his last album, for certain.

I usually hate goofball threads like this, but the man has the goods behind whatever hype sent surgevw posting this. :thu:

And thanks for the link, Geez! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived