Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ed Roman Guitar Shop

Robman2

I was in Vegas and we stopped by for some business related discussions.

What a cool store, great folks and then some.

The Jazz box room yikes...(sound of saliva running onto the keyboard) and he has a very complete assembly area, which builds per original spec for (brands famous) when the artist insists on hand made, complete with logo etc.

Even bigger though, his array of original designs and Roman Strats etc.

Quite impressive indeed, and Ed is very extremly knowledgable about guitars, really a great guy.

FWIW, if you get to Vegas, they are between Flamingo and Tropicana, on the west access road (Industrial) next to the freeway.

Set aside some time.

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool!It's good to hear from somebody that has

delt with him one on one,I hear nothing but

bad things about that guy.He has some very nice

guitars,and I'd like to spend some time there

drooling just as you did. :cool:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

He is supposed to be I'm told, irrascaable however as with most pre-one on one warnings I've been cautioned of over the years...he's in business and focused, and not at all any more difficult then other proprieters I've dealings with...

Ed's a very smart guy and knows tonnage about who built or builds what which way and such.

I learned a bunch, just hearing him discuss with call in's during our visit.

FWIW, drooling is cool.

He's really got an opinion on much, that may be where the reputation emanates from.

His polishing cloth post, got me to buy two of them, one for the house and one for the office.

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

I stopped in there my last time through Vegas and the store was closed. I think it was a Saturday. Maybe it was a Sunday. Heck, I don't know. I just know it was closed.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Ed is quite the character to say the least. Ed owned one of the biggest guitar store's in the country, East Coast Guitars. I awlays remember his ads in Guitar Player from the mid 80's, it was a wide shot of the show floor with hundreds of guitars on the walls and on stands. He had a whole slew of early BC Rich Mockingbirds on stands in the foreground.

He is building some nice stuff now.

overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

I didn't have to pay for anything except the polishing cloths I purchased.

They are closed on Sunday's.

He has five lutheirs and two full time woodshop people, building customs.

I heard he's doing an SG for Clapton and a Brian May special.

Also, Paul Crook who is the MD for all of the We Will Rock You (guitarists) was in there, he got the gig after May auditioned over 50 other players for that gig.

All guitar stores are cool, this one was extra cool.

R

Yes, he's quite unaffected it would seem.

He's mentoring all of the other various Queen guitarists working on these shows, world-wide, reports to Brian May, who on occasion does a one or two spot cameo, Brian always asks permission.

Paul also is doing Meatloaf's new show and will sub out his Meatloaf slot when it conflicts with the Queen set.

Nice guy, he was so gracious when I explained what Oxygen Free is and how it gets that way, aparrently no one had ever explained it.

R

Archived