Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gonna be in Arizona

NMcGuitar

I'll be out in Arizona (Scotsdale area) from 11/22 to 12/1.

Anybody out that way? Any suggestions on things to see, the music scene, clubs to go to, etc.?

I'll be visiting with family, so I'll have to keep things relatively tame (for the most part, anyway... ;) ), but I figured someone here might have a few suggestions.

Thanks!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often check out Pollstar to see what's going on ... I see Dr. John, Charlie Musselwhite and Shemekia Copeland will all be playing ... the day before you get there.

I swear I'm not pointing this out to be evil. :evil:;)

EDIT: Now I can't get the tune for "By The Time I Get to Phoenix" (the Isaac Hayes version) out of my head ...

Depending on your interests, there's a lot of some things to do, and not much of others.

If you like the outdoors, you could plan a day drive to Sedona, it's about 100 miles or so north of Phx., some of the prettiest country on the whole planet. If there's snow, it's even prettier.

Many western TV shows and movies filmed here.

In the other direction, Tucson has Old Tucson (an "old-west town" theme park, which has also been the setting for countless western movies.

Also near Tucson, is the AZ. Sonora Desert Museum, one of my favorite sites to visit in AZ. It's a "living museum" of the region, showcasing flora and fauna from the area, which is surprisingly copious considering it's in the desert.

I am pretty sure that all of the above have a web presence. In fact, a couple of Sedona sites have webcams of the area...

Also check with the Az Dept of Tourism.

Most of my relateable experiences there involve the outdoors (biking, fishing, hiking, etc), so besides those, golf (there's too many courses there), and bars I played at, I got nothing else...

Have fun, travel safely.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Heading out early in the morning (5:55AM flight). I probably won't be able to check in much, so ALL OF YOU BEHAVE WHILE I'M GONE!! :P:D

I've got my suitcase packed, and my Martin Backpacker all ready to go! :cool:

In case I don't get the chance closer to Thursday, let me wish all of you a really great Thanksgiving. :thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived