Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why The World Disagrees With Bush’s Iraq Policy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by GZsound: [b]Your "split second" thought is totally unacceptable. I would suggest a very quick appology. I also would suggest a complete ban of your membership on this forum and of any future posts. To suggest, under any circumstances, that the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were deserved or are somehow validated makes you an unacceptable participant to this discussion. People can agree or disagree with each other. However, your comment is completely out of line. I would appreciate the other members of this forum supporting removal of your membership.[/b][/quote]This is just beyond belief :rolleyes:

[quote]Originally posted by G(Jazzbo)T3: [b]There are less protesters b/c it has gotten to the point where you cannot get a permit to protest.[/b][/quote]I didn't mean "cumulatively"... There WERE places where permits were certainly granted. In DC for example they hoped to have hundreds of thousands show up for protests that ended up being low tens of thousands... certainly much lower than the rallies of a couple of weeks ago... this in spite of the fact that Saturday in DC was quite nice from a weather pov. Have you been to the protests? Or, have you watched the speakers on C-SPAN? There's a LOT of seemingly "radical" statements being presented. I'm confused by: - This is all about Israel and Palestine. The logic seems to be, why aren't we bombing Israel for its WMD's and its oppression of Palestine. So it's not EXACTLY anti-war... rather the message is that we're bombing the WRONG people. - Then there's the RACISM comments. I heard several speakers from this weekend's DC protests claim that its all about the US's racism toward arabs or Muslims... ???? Is this what most people opposed to the war think? I don't think so. - Of course there's the "NO BLOOD FOR OIL" comments. These center around the idea that its ONLY about our quest for the Iraqi oil fields. This seems SUCH a simplistic description of a complex problem. NOTICE that NONE of the Security Council members say that this is about our quest for oil. It's not like this is France's argument. - Then there's the "We hate indigenous peoples" speaker. There was a native American speaker who said it was a fight about the destruction of indigenous peoples. That we're attacking the Iraqi's like we did the native Americans... ???? - Finally there's the "The US has MURDERED 500,000 Iraqi children" statements. The logic here is that the UN sanctions have caused the death of Iraqi children and that it's all unjustified and caused by us. No mention of the Gulf War, or Saddam's mis-administration of the "food for oil" program... it's all the US's fault and shouldn't we be ashamed. My point is, most of the speakers relied on points that many in the larger centrist anti-war movement don't agree with. I'm not sure why the rallies have focused on the people with these radical views, but seem to have. My viewing of this is NOT filtered by the "media" btw... I'm watching the UNEDITED footage from the protests themselves. Speaker after speaker came up and made these statements... The most centrist anti-war views seem to be the: All war is bad, Give the inspectors more time, don't because there will be lots more terrorism, and spend the money at home. I would assume the vast majority of anti-war protestors agree with THESE messages. (I don't, but what do I know :eek: ). I didn't hear a single speaker at the rally make these points. It was strickly the ones I mentioned earlier... And it goes without saying there wasn't a SINGLE... Surrender Saddam. Or Give up your WMD's Saddam. Or ANYTHING that would give you the impression that Saddam has ANYTHING to do with this. Lots of talk about the INNOCENT Iraqi people though. :confused: So, if you're anti-war... do you agree with the radical folks on your side? Is this racism, or ONLY about oil, or our quest to wipe out inginenous peoples, or our desire to murder more Iraqi babies, or should we be bombing Israel instead? If you went to a rally, (or watched one on tv), and heard the radical speaches, would you go to another one? guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

>>They get their news from MSNBC, FOX and CNN and fully believe the propaganda..Some are stupid, some are ignorant, some are lazy, but most are just pressed for time and do not realize that the US Media is HEAVILY slanted and that people's opionions are being manipulated....<< This is the part I'm not getting. It doesn't seem to me that the media is pushing this war at all. The White House was pissed when 60 minutes had Sadam on a few weeks back. The media isn't hiding the unrest nationally and abroad. In one way I agree with Miroslav, Bush needs to shit or get off the pot.
"Politics are like sports, where all the teams suck"

[quote]Originally posted by E-money: [QBIn one way I agree with Miroslav, Bush needs to shit or get off the pot.[/QB][/quote]I'd love nothing better than for full and immediate compliance and for our troops to pack up and go home without a conflict. I just wish Saddam would either SHIT his WMD's or get off the POT of leading Iraq!! Rick

[quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [QB]IMO wanting to get the war started because of frustration, impatiance, boredom or whatever doesn't cut it. "Enough already...the sooner we get this thing started and the sooner it will be over" This isn't something inconveniant like a trip to the dentist, many thousands of innocent people from both sides are about to die.[/quote]Boy...some of you folks really need a soap box... :rolleyes: Thanks for pointing that out...like I don't know people will die...glad you have so much vision. [quote]I don't think it's too late to do something either, continuing dissent can still affect the duration of this war.[/quote]Feel free to dissent...just like I'm free to say "let's get going on this"... [quote]I'm betting Bush is hoping that when the bombs start to fall live on fucking CNN, then the majority of anti-war people will become less vocal and more resigned.[/quote]Actually...the polls in the USA show that the MAJORITY are behind him. And...just like some of you that are against "the war" don't like when it's assumed you are also anti-American... ...then don't assume when some people say "let's get this over with"...that it's because they don't value life, or because they are "pro war". Like many other things in life...you build to a climax...and then you proceed. Can't haggle forever...it makes you look indecisive and puts you in a position to be a patsy. This inevitable war became inevitable the minute France started with the VETO mentality, because they basically said NOTHING would change their minds... ...and gave the USA only one option, to give in to France's viewpoints....but I don't see that as realistic, because France doesn?t give in to ours. So?let?s get going and finish this thing as soon as we can, so that maybe then we can get beck to some normalcy in our lives.[/b][/quote]I'm glad you understand that many thousands of people about to die. Yeah, blame France, while you do that I'll call you a fucking arsehole and have nothing further to do with you. Jesus fucking christ, aren't we above beating on a country for using it's legitimate veto, more than doubly relevant bearing in mind the number of vetos the US has used in regards to the Isreal/Palestine situation? You're a fucking child. I'm through here.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Unbelievable. A guy says he thinks we deserved to have 3,000 people killed and none of you find that unacceptable? I get accused of knee jerk reactions? I get accused of being the thought police? Unbelievable. Unacceptable. Because of political differences. Not simply Useful Idiots but now dangerous idiots too. I certainly hope none of the family members of the survivors finds out where you live.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by GZsound: [b]Unbelievable. A guy says he thinks we deserved to have 3,000 people killed and none of you find that unacceptable? I get accused of knee jerk reactions? I get accused of being the thought police? Unbelievable. Unacceptable. Because of political differences. Not simply Useful Idiots but now dangerous idiots too. I certainly hope none of the family members of the survivors finds out where you live.[/b][/quote]Hey, no one's making you participate. If you don't like it YOU can leave.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by G(Jazzbo)T3: [b] [quote]Originally posted by GZsound: [b]Unbelievable. A guy says he thinks we deserved to have 3,000 people killed and none of you find that unacceptable? I get accused of knee jerk reactions? I get accused of being the thought police? Unbelievable. Unacceptable. Because of political differences. Not simply Useful Idiots but now dangerous idiots too. I certainly hope none of the family members of the survivors finds out where you live.[/b][/quote]Hey, no one's making you participate. If you don't like it YOU can leave.[/b][/quote]Ditto that GT3. I'm guessing there are plenty of places GZ could find 3,000 acceptable deaths, year after year. If your skin is that thin, you're in for a rough next decade on this planet.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: Yeah, blame France, while you do that I'll call you a fucking arsehole and have nothing further to do with you. Jesus fucking christ, aren't we above beating on a country for using it's legitimate veto, more than doubly relevant bearing in mind the number of vetos the US has used in regards to the Isreal/Palestine situation? You're a fucking child.[/quote]So...I'm a fucking asshole and a fucking child because I disagree witht you...? Thanks for that open mindedness that you seem to expect from others! [quote]I'm through here.[/quote]Ohhhh....don't tease us! :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

"So...I'm a fucking asshole and a fucking child because I disagree witht you...?" No, you are because, thus far, your arguments are those of an arsehole child.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]"So...I'm a fucking asshole and a fucking child because I disagree witht you...?" No, you are because, thus far, your arguments are those of an arsehole child.[/b][/quote]Well thanks for being the "responsible adult" around here Rog. :rolleyes: Hey. I thought you "were done". I guess not. :eek: guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote]So...I'm a fucking asshole and a fucking child because I disagree witht you...?" [/quote]and I thought I was the biggest dick on this BB. :confused: [/b][/quote]Time to defend your title man :)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: No, you are because, thus far, your arguments are those of an arsehole child.[/quote]Am not!!! :p Come on Rog...you are bringing back some real great memories for me with your debating approach... ...it's like I'm back in 5th grade. :bor: So...you say I'm an asshole... ...because...because...my arguments are those of an asshole. Ooooooooooooooh...that's deep! :eek: Did you fry a couple of neurons on that thought...? Obviously you are pro-France's political stance…and I'm not…. ….so because of that, you call me names…??? :rolleyes:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived