Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I like Jack Daniels

Shannon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya kiddo...I'm working a midnight shift. Welcome aboard!

BTW...I like Jack Daniels too. Either straight or on the rocks for some fine sippin'.

Do you have any fresh spearmint in your yard?

If you do...pull some sprigs of fresh spearmint. Wash it well. Pull a bunch of leaves off and crush em with a knife handle at the bottom of a glass. Now...mix up some sugar water, just enough to give it some sweetness. Pour in a liberal shot of Jack Daniels (over the mint leaves)...and over ice (forgot)...fill the rest of the glass with sugar water and you've got yourself a good ol' Southern Mint Julep!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Tedster! Man I feel kinda silly and may regret this later but I worked 15 hours today and now I'm at me friends house and we've been drinking shots of Jack since I got off work at 11:30 CST and shes asleep... and Ive been hitting it pretty heavy.,.. I can't even type at this point but I feel great... how you doin???

Well, I'd probably feel great if I were drunk. HA...but, I'm working the midnight shift. It's been some long days for yours truly, got meself involved in a play...and I've been doing the play, and then coming to work. UGH. Only a couple more nights, though.

Hey...don't go too far with the booze...a nice, light playing buzz (what I call enough to lubricate the fingers for geetar playing without screwing them up)...and don't forget to eat something light. And for godsakes, don't drive. :D

Oh yeah...that reminds me...reason I mention it is because on occasion, I've stopped drinking but still proceeded to get drunker...sort of a latency thing. And on that rare occasion, I've ended up bowing to the porcelain receptacle, if you catch my drift.

Oh no I'm not going anywhere... soon I'll be asleep somewhere since theres not much to keep me awake.... I've already had... well I'm not sure .... quite a bit i think... i wish i had a geetar with me :(

I didn't know you were in a play... how cool... whats it about??

Originally posted by Tedster:

Oh yeah...that reminds me...reason I mention it is because on occasion, I've stopped drinking but still proceeded to get drunker...sort of a latency thing. And on that rare occasion, I've ended up bowing to the porcelain receptacle, if you catch my drift.

Lol yeah I would like to avoid that at all costs... I may sound like an idiot right now but I'm bored shitless and have no one to talk to.... I actually have a pretty high tolerance whem it comes to getting sick.

Well, it's an old time musical. I got conned into doing it by a buddy. "Brigadoon"...it was an old movie about this guy who stumbles onto a mythical Scottish town. Gene Kelly was in the old 1947 movie of it. 47? Something like that. Old, anyway. Fortunately, I just have a bit part, but it sucks up my time anyway. I don't really much care for theater. Once in awhile I'll say "what the hey" though...

Originally posted by Shannon:

I may sound like an idiot right now but I'm bored shitless and have no one to talk to

Awww...heck no, we're the all-night coffeehouse and musician's lounge here. Someone's usually around. Pretty quiet here at work, too. Good to have someone to yap to.

So what tunes have you been pickin' lately?

I've been mostly trying to come up with some new original stuff... actually its happened by accident.. practicing old stuff half asleep when i get home from my second job and slipping into some half concious zone where I've managed to come up with some new stuff I like a lot... and practicing some riffs... i've been working on phrasing which was odd considereing the recent thread on it. I really haven't had a lot of time to practice but I'm still happy about it because i think i've made good use of the time i've had.

It's all in the fun you're having with the guitar. Cool to hear you're coming up with some cool original stuff. I take it you sing. This is a good thing. Hopefully (if you haven't already done so) you can post some of your tunes so we can hear 'em! :thu:

BTW...I just read your reply in the "singing whilst" thread. Actually, the "recording" bit was Jedi's advice...I just took it 'cause it was good sound advice. The only way you can hear yourself as others hear you.

Now...as for you, young lady, only singing in the shower...man, you've just gotta step away from that. Let your light so shine, so to speak. Sing! You don't have to be an astounding vocalist, just on-key and honest. I'd rather hear Lucinda Williams than Celine Dion any day of the week. So break out that Dove and get busy, girl! :D

You don't need some fancy rig to record yourself...even one of those cheap portable cassette players will do the trick. You're not releasing an album (yet), you just need a tool to use to record yourself. Heck, you could probably pick up a beat up ol' cassette recorder for five bucks at a junk shop.

Hey, don't even wait to get stuff on the internet. Just get working on getting something to record yourself. Even the Beatles demoed their tunes on the crappy little cassette players of the day...so don't sweat it.

Well, keep us posted! Hope you don't feel too shabby tomorrow... :D

I have a little mini casette recorder but its pretty tin-ie soudning I just use it to record guitar bits so that i dont fortget them the nest day... tried it for singing bits too but...ewwww sounded bad... sould've just been me but still didn't like it enough to play it in front of anyone.

Tea! join in... talk about whatever.... I'm doing great right now :D

Originally posted by Shannon:

oh boy typing is getting really bad :freak:

(Tedster pulls glasses down a bit on his nose...looking over them and giving Shannon an "old fatherly guy" type look)...

Hmmmm...young lady...time to turn in, I'd say... :D Plenty of time for pickin' tomorrow... :D

Ahhh...you're in central time, too...for some reason I thought you were in eastern. At any rate...hotcakes and grits for breakfast, with some good pork sausage a-fryin' in the pan. Now I'm making myself hungry...I'll have to hit the Kearney truck stop for breakfast before I go home to crash.

Man I'm hungry and thirsty now... and my friend is on the couch snoring away....i think i'm going to the kitchen for a while... see you guys in a bit... dont work too hard tedster, thanks for chit chatting... see you later on

Archived