Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steven Seagal records with Stevie Wonder

Outrider

Press release for the new album <--clique

Seagal, Wonder, and members of The Wailers.

Steven Seagal, one of the world?s most popular motion picture actors, hasn?t finished surprising us yet ! ?Songs from the crystal cave? is a true gift to us. His love for music, and especially American Black Music, has grown together with his passion for the guitar, which he has been playing since the age of 14.

(snip)

The exceptional collaboration of Stevie Wonder on « My God », on which he furiously delivers an amazing harmonica solo, adds some magic to the album and to Steven Seagal?s velvet voice.

:eek::rolleyes::freak:

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's unexpected...

Gotta admit, it'd be easy to snipe and grouse, but I'll wait 'till I hear it to pass any judgement onnitt. Who knows, it might actually be good! Then again...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Actually, my best friend did a bunch of musical work with him about 5 years ago. He is a capable guitar player, and he's very into blues/rock and surprisingly humble and respectful of it...I would never have guessed that considering his public persona. I won't comment on the quality of the music since I haven't heard it. It should either be surprisingly good or incredibly bad...but isn't that the case of almost all celebrity music attempts?

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by cosmo115:

But is he a Guitar Mastermind and Genius?? :eek:

Well, he's smart enough to not enlist Buzz Publicity to spam us and create exciting new categories for the Grammys!

He got Outrider to do that, instead! ;):D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

But is he a Guitar Mastermind and Genius?? :eek:

Well, he's smart enough to not enlist Buzz Publicity to spam us and create exciting new categories for the Grammys!

Based on the write-up stating that he's "one of the world's most popular..." (I have to heartily disagree) and "actor" (I have to whole heartily and vehemently disagree since the very little that I've seen of him in his "movies" (another questionable term) does not meet my definition of acting by any stretch of the imagination) that can be argued. :D

Don't get me wrong, I can watch "Terminator" and similar movies all day, but IMHO the only reason I can assume that Stevie Wonder worked with him was 1) he couldn't "see" how atrocious of an actor Steven Seagal is or 2) he needed a paycheck.

This commentary has been brought to you by..... My http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_8_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_8_6.gif.com ;)

Originally posted by daklander:

He played a bit of guitar in one of his movies, the one about illegal dumping in the Appalachians. Wasn't bad at all.

The guitar playing or the movie???
'Eh, the guitar playin'.

Even though I think his acting is stilted I enjoy the hell out of his movies. To me he's like Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood in that aspect.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

He played a bit of guitar in one of his movies, the one about illegal dumping in the Appalachians. Wasn't bad at all.

The guitar playing or the movie???
'Eh, the guitar playin'.

Even though I think his acting is stilted I enjoy the hell out of his movies. To me he's like Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood in that aspect.

IMO Chuck and especially Clint can act circles around Steven. Let me change that, my sneaker can act circles around Steven. :eek: I admit I've never watched an entire Seagal "movie", but I've seen pieces here and there on HBO, my brother-in-laws house etc. I've honestly given it a valiant effort, but it was ABSOLUTE torture to see him try to act and I just had to change the channel or go to the other room. Maybe I should try again?? What would you recommend, dak?

Stop speculating :cool:

Go to www.amazon.fr and listen for yourself. They have samples of the first five songs there.

I didn't care that much for "Girl It's Alright", the one that's getting all the hype, but it is kinda' hard to tell from a ten second sample.

I kinda' liked "Music" and "Better Man"; "Route 23" was good :thu: He seemed to find the upper (for him) registers better in that song. Guitar, a basic strumming style, but not half bad.

I'll give it a seven, some good slow dancin' :rolleyes:

Not overwhelming, but I've heard worse. Of course I doubt he would have been recording if it weren't for his name and/or money :D

Take a listen :cool:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

that new commercial he's in is hilarious :D

maybe he'll do a record with billy ray cyrus and dave powers... the Rock Mastermind Mullet Militia!!!!

and if you don't like, he'll kick your ass

Bring it on!!! I can take the two mullet men and Steven Seagal with one hand tied behind my back.....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_12.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/cosmo115/exploding-head.gif

HERE"S his mp3 page.

OOP! It says mp3 but they're Real Audio.

Cosmo, I wouldn't offer up a recommendation because you don't like his stuff, that's all fine 'n dandy.

Why torture yourself? It's something you either get or don't get.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

HERE"S his mp3 page.

OOP! It says mp3 but they're Real Audio.

Cosmo, I wouldn't offer up a recommendation because you don't like his stuff, that's all fine 'n dandy.

Why torture yourself? It's something you either get or don't get.

It wasn't his stuff. It was his acting in the couple snipets that I saw. Maybe I was watching the wrong movies?

FYI my brother-in-law and nephew absolutely love his movies, but I don't trust their opinions ;)

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i don't expect every movie to be an academy award winner. i like all kinds of movies. and i do like seeing the bad guys get thier asses kicked hard! i don't think watching Steven kick a bit of butt is that bad. there are far worse movies to watch.

I agree! :thu::thu: I'm not being a snob to action movies by any means. Actually one of my favorite movies is "Lethal Weapon". I have no problem watching action flicks, horror flicks and even chick flicks (with the right motivation). It's just that IMHO Steven can't act his way out of a paper bag in all the movie snippets that I saw of his. Bruce Lee was a better actor, Chuck Norris is a better actor (but not by much) :cool: I know the horse is long dead now, but I had to get one more kick in.... ;)

Furthermore his guitar tone on the couple songs I heard samples of might be worse than his acting (unless it's my laptop speakers). :D

well it may be true that steven isn't the actor most people aspire to be. i would say action movies are not really looking for actors. they want people who look like they can kick butt.

most movies for the general public lack any real script so i can't blame the actors.

i listened to the clips Dak , and they are not bad. actually i would say i could listen to Steven more than John Mayer. mayers voice drives me nuts.

this seems like something Steven Seagal always wanted to do and was never given the chance, if that is the case i applaud him, we should all be allowed to acheive or dreams.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

[QB

i listened to the clips Dak , and they are not bad. actually i would say i could listen to Steven more than John Mayer.[/QB]

Well, I wouldn't be a big Seagal fan as far as that goes. The samples are ok, IMO, but he did what seemed to be a credible job playing the guitar, along with Marty Stuart. The movie, I think is Fire Down Below.

Our Joint

I know he`s a guitar collector, got himself several vintage Strats. Can`t say much about his playing yet but Aikido can be pretty hard on manual dexterity, I`ve found that out the hard way. If he wants to be really great maybe he should consider Tai Chi or something.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived