Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

November 1985 GP: My Story

Chad Thorne

Originally posted by chad:

Guys, thank you all very much - yes, especially you, BiC! Looking forward to hearing from the seller.

"There really was a Saint Hubbins. He's the patron saint of quality footwear..."

My pleasure, Chad! :wave:

Let me know if you don't hear from them by Saturday.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad,

I've got the mag and will send it to you gratis if you can PM or email me your address. Sorry I got in on the conversation a little late. Let me know if you still need it.

Mark

Lyrics. Wasted space between solos.

I can't tell you, but I can play it for you.

Originally posted by mwestenberg:

Chad,

I've got the mag and will send it to you gratis if you can PM or email me your address. Sorry I got in on the conversation a little late. Let me know if you still need it.

Mark

Go for it Chad! :thu:

You can't beat FREE ! :cool:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by BiC:

Chad,

Mark

Like you had to tell Chad that, BiC ;)

:thu::thu: Mark!!!

Originally posted by cosmo115:

Originally posted by BiC:

Chad,

Mark

Like you had to tell Chad that, BiC ;)

:thu::thu: Mark!!!

:D

Well, these other ones were supposedly in pretty good condition. But if it's free, then by ALL MEANS!!! :D

Chad,

Mark

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mark! I've sent you a PM with my address.

Chad,

The magazine is on its way, mailed it this morning. Enjoy!

Mark

I can't thank you enough, Mark. That mag is a personal watershed. The kind words from good-hearted people, who had no reason to spend the time & effort to write (no 'Net at that time!) encouraged me to try, and as a result I got my guitar back. An emotional story that I intend to write one day and when I do anybody on this forum who wants a copy can have one.

great ending to a great story. :cry::);)

The forumite formerly known as Cooper.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace." Jimi Hendrix

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

Mark, got the mag today, in perfect condition. Paging through it brought back lots of memories of the Happy Eighties! And, of course, my letter (on page 160). I got all ferklempt.

Many thanks again.

Can you scan your letter, Chad? I searched my collection but the issue seems to have disappeared. (Not a big surprise, though.) My cats destroyed several issues at our old apartment... pee'd all over 'em. :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Mark, got the mag today, in perfect condition. Paging through it brought back lots of memories of the Happy Eighties! And, of course, my letter (on page 160). I got all ferklempt.

Many thanks again.

Can you scan your letter, Chad? I searched my collection but the issue seems to have disappeared. (Not a big surprise, though.) My cats destroyed several issues at our old apartment... peed all over 'em. :freak: )
"Cat, The Other White Meat"...Don't have the capacity to scan but PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a photocopy of the page.

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Many thanks again.

Can you scan your letter, Chad? I searched my collection but the issue seems to have disappeared. (Not a big surprise, though.) My cats destroyed several issues at our old apartment... peed all over 'em. :freak: )
"Cat, The Other White Meat"...Don't have the capacity to scan but PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a photocopy of the page.
Hey Neil, once you receive it, maybe you can scan it for all of us to see? :)

• 2 weeks later...

...I...got a call from a guy named Peter in South Boston (I lived in the Boston area) who told me he had a cheap Strat copy that I could have, free for nothing, to restring lefty...

A small postscript, because you guys will understand. That strat copy is long gone now, there were some significantly non-standard dimensions on parts, it had a plywood body, etc. I did save the volume and tone knobs.

Those knobs are now going on a lefty Strat that I'm in the middle of building, as a personal little homage to those folks who encouraged me, to Peter who gave me the guitar, and to the guitar itself. I hope I'm reminded of them every time I twiddle a knob on this Strat.

O.K.?

Archived